UNICAF is partnering with universities in the UK, the US, Europe and Africa to offer online, quality undergraduate and post graduate degrees, to students in Ghana. The Scholarship is ONLY available for ONLINE STUDIES.
The UNICAF Scholarship Programme was founded to offer gifted, underprivileged students the opportunity to further their education, by earning internationally recognised qualifications, at low cost, through online study, or through blended learning (only available for Unicaf University programmes).
UNICAF offers one of the most generous scholarship programmes available today. With the financial support of UNICAF Scholarships and by utilising the UNICAF state-of-the-art digital learning platform, students in sub-Saharan Africa, and almost anywhere in the world, can have access to internationally recognised higher education.
Over $70 million worth of scholarships have been awarded to eligible students so far. Each scholarship application is examined and decided upon, depending on the qualifications and the financial situation of the applicant. Eligible students are awarded a percentage of scholarship.
Level/Field of study:
The scholarships are available for pursuing the online programme in any of the following fields of study.
Master in Business Administration
This challenging course will expose you to all areas of business through a diverse range of modules.A critical part of the University of South Wales’s MBA is exploring how people impact on business thinking and the systems that can enhance this fundamental part of an organisation.
Master of Arts in Education
The MA Education is a flexible programme, designed to meet the professional needs of individual learners. Students will have the opportunity to engage critically with the theories and practices of education with a view to applying learning to practice. The MA Education is well established and is regularly updated in order to reflect the changing needs of current and future participants.
Master of Science in Business Psychology
This unique course provides the opportunity to focus on a range of organisational behaviours and apply psychological theory and practice to key issues that affect the internal and external functioning of organisations. Not only will you learn about the theory and research which exists in business psychology, but you have the chance to apply this to your own working experiences.
LLM (Master of Laws)
The University of South Wales’s LLM course offers you a flexible approach to postgraduate study, where you can tailor your Masters programme to suit your specific needs and career aspirations. You can explore a broad range of legal subjects, including commercial law, international trade law, competition law, employment law and intellectual property law.
The scholarship is hosted by the UNICAF in Ghana.
Scholarship is open to indigenous students who are citizens of Ghana
These opportunities has value that includes full tuition waiver.
The number of offers was not specified.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Must be a citizen and resident of Ghana
- Be earning less than $20,000 per year
- Be available to commence their academic studies within 6 months from the date of receiving admission to one of the programmes offered
- Meet the entry requirements of the respective programme of study
Requirements for postgraduate studies
- An accredited Bachelor’s degree. Some professional qualifications may also be acceptable. Extensive professional experience may also be considered for admission to the programme. Candidates should normally have at least two years of appropriate postgraduate work experience on admission.
- Proficiency in English – Students satisfy the English requirements if their first degree was taught in English. Otherwise, they would need to present a GCSE score with a minimum grade of “C” or IELTS with a score of 6.5 or a minimum grade of “C” at the Masters English Placement Test which can be taken online. The University offers English modules at various levels to help students reach the required standard for admission.
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions (including trade schools) attended. You may supply official electronic transcripts issued by a post-secondary institution directly to University of South Wales online.
- Academic Background. (Applicants with a non-business background can be admitted onto the programme but they may be required to take preparatory foundation modules.)
- Personal Statement
First Complete the Application Form
This is the part of the registration process and is not a commitment from your side.
After you submit the application form, a Student Adviser will contact you and discuss:
- Your qualifications for the course
- The details about the degree
- The eligibility criteria
- If you want to study only online or at the Unicaf University Campus in Malawi
- The documentation that you will need to provide for your administration
- The level of scholarship you are eligible for
- Possible payment plan that suits your budget
Your Papers get Reviewed
Once you have agreed with the Student Adviser that you would like to proceed and submitted all the paperwork, your application will be reviewed by the Admissions Officer to determine if your academic qualifications meet the minimum criteria and the Scholarship Committee.
Receive Final Approval & Start Studying
Finally, you will be contacted with the decision of the Admissions Officer and the Scholarship Committee. Students that study online, can also take advantage of our Learning Centres that are located at several locations worldwide.
For the ones that commence their studies, the UNICAF team will continue to be at your side every step of the way.
You can begin the application and get more details by clicking the Scholarship Link
This scholarship is available throughout the year.