Applications re currently been invited from eligible students for the HORATIO ALGER SCHOLARSHIP 2018. Interested candidates are by this notice charged to hurry and apply but are also reminded that all applications must be submitted before he program deadline and all eligibility criteria must be met to avoid any form of disqualification.
ABOUT HORATIO ALGER SCHOLARSHIP:
Since 1984, Horatio Alger Association Members and Friends have funded need-based college scholarships for low-income youth to pursue their dreams through higher education. So far the Association has awarded more than $125 million to approximately 20,000 students.
In addition to scholarship support, the Association offers a number of services and opportunities to Horatio Alger Scholars:
- Financial Aid and Scholarship Counseling
- College Readiness Tools
- Support and Referral Services
- Internship and Job Opportunities
- Alumni Association
MORE ABOUT OUR HORATIO ALGER SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM 2018
The Association administers scholarships for career & technical education, bachelor’s degree programs, major specific programs and college specific programs. Click on the link to learn about all of that Here
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT HORATIO ALGER SCHOLARSHIPS 2018:
The Horatio Alger scholarship association is committed towards providing financial assistance through scholarship for students to study at the institution of their choice and achieve their dreams.The scholarship association over the years have kept on honouring the achievements of outstanding who amidst challenges and adversity have supported young people in pursuit of increased opportunities through higher education.
As one of the nation’s largest college financial aid programs in the country, the Horatio Alger National Scholarship Program is one of the major scholarship programs nationally that specifically assists high school students who have faced and overcome great obstacles in their young lives.
LEVEL OF STUDY:
This scholarship program is for high school senior in the United States; be progressing normally toward graduation in spring/summer of 2018 with plans to enter a college in the United States no later than the fall following graduation
FIELD OF STUDY:
This scholarship program is for any field of study chosen by the student in their choice Institution
This scholarship program is to be taken in US
This scholarship program is for united states/ International students
Candidates that have been selected for this scholarship enjoy numerous benefits amongst which includes all financial responsibilities of the student been taken care of, from tuition , to accomodation, travel cost etc.
to be eligible for this scholarship, the following must be met by applicants:
- Be enrolled full time as a high school senior in the United States; be progressing normally toward graduation in spring/summer of 2018 with plans to enter a college in the United States no later than the fall following graduation
- Exhibit a strong commitment to pursue and complete a bachelor’s degree at an accredited non-profit public or private institution in the United States (students may start their studies at a two-year institution and then transfer to a four-year institution)
- Demonstrate critical financial need ($55,000 or lower adjusted gross family income is required)
- Be involved in co-curricular and community service activities
- Display integrity and perseverance in overcoming adversity
- Maintain a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.0; and
- Be a United States citizen
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for the Horatio Alger scholarship,all interested persons can visit the official webpage of the scholarship for application forms and guide on how to apply, please see this link for program webpage
Updates with respect to scholarship application deadline will be made available in due to time for you, we encourage that you continue checking this site for this information.