Plymouth Marine Laboratory and the University of Exeter are inviting applications for a fully-funded PhD studentship to commence in September/October 2018 or as soon as possible thereafter. For eligible students, the studentship will cover UK/EU tuition fees plus an annual tax-free stipend of at least £14,777 for 3.5 years full-time study
PML is a multidisciplinary, internationally renowned, strategic marine research centre. For 2018 we have a number of prestigious and exciting opportunities for outstanding students wishing to conduct PhD projects in our five areas of research excellence: Earth observation and remote sensing; biogeochemical cycling; biodiversity and molecular science; marine ecosystem modelling; and socioeconomics of ecosystem goods and services.
- Course Level: Studentship is available to study PhD programme.
- Study Subject: Studentship is awarded in Monitoring Arctic ocean acidification from space using satellite Earth Observations.
- Scholarship Award: For eligible students, the studentship will cover UK/EU tuition fees plus an annual tax-free stipend of at least £14,777 for 3.5 years full-time study.
- Nationality: UK and EU students are eligible to apply for this studentship.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: UK and EU students are eligible to apply for this studentship.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
UK and EU students are eligible to apply for this studentship.
The student would be initially, for the first year, based in the University of Exeter’s Centre for Geography, Environment and Society, at the Penryn campus in Penryn, Cornwall. For the following years, they will then be expected to work at PML, within the Remote Sensing, Marine Biology, and Biogeochemistry groups in Plymouth, Devon. Research visits to Norway are also anticipated.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
APPLICATION DEADLINE :31 August, 2018
How to Apply: Please send a cover letter and CV to humanresourcesgroup-at-pml.ac.uk.