The University of Sydney is offering scholarships for Higher Degree Research Program in Sydney. This scholarship is available to an Australian citizen, New Zealand citizen, or Australian permanent resident. The scholarship is called Australia Henry Halloran Trust Practitioner in Residence Scholarship. it is available for PhD studies in Australia.
The University of Sydney is Australia’s first university and is regarded as one of the world’s leading universities. The university is colloquially known as one of Australia’s sandstone universities.
The University of Sydney was founded on the principle of giving everyone the opportunity to realise their potential through education and still holds that belief just as strongly today.
Currently ranked 4th in the world, and 1st in Australia, for graduate employability, the University of Sydney is also consistently placed among the top 50 universities in the world. With a re-imagined undergraduate curriculum, world-class facilities, inspirational academics and a vibrant campus life, it is a place where students can attain widely recognized and respected qualifications.
What You Need To Know About The Australia Henry Halloran Trust Practitioner in Residence Scholarship
The University offers Australia’s broadest range of disciplines and its research focuses on finding solutions to society’s biggest challenges. With more than 400 areas of study to choose from, students have the flexibility to follow their interests, broaden their skills, and enjoy internship and global exchange opportunities.
LEVEL/ FIELD OF STUDY:
Scholarships are available to pursue a research program and the Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
The scholarship is to be taken in Australia. Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
This scholarship is open to an Australian citizen, New Zealand citizen, or Australian permanent resident.
- The Scholarship will provide an annual stipend allowance of $9,950 for up to three years for a PhD recipient, or two years for a Masters by Research recipient, subject to satisfactory academic performance. No extension is possible.
- The Scholarship is for commencement in relevant research period in which it is offered for and cannot be deferred or transferred to another area of research.
- No other amount is payable.
- The Scholarship will be offered subject to the availability of funding.
Australia Henry Halloran Trust Practitioner in Residence Scholarship Eligibility
Eligible Countries: This scholarship is open to an Australian citizen, New Zealand citizen, or Australian permanent resident.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be an Australian citizen, New Zealand citizen, or Australian permanent resident with an unconditional full-time offer in a Masters by Research or PhD at the University of Sydney.
- Applicants must be a graduate of the Henry Halloran Trust’s Practitioner in Residence Program.
- Applicant’s research area must coincide with the interests of the Trust as determined by its strategic plan and list of objectives which include interdisciplinary studies in innovation and research in town planning, urban development and land management.
How to Apply:
- The successful applicant will be awarded the Scholarship on the basis of:
- academic merit,
- area of study and research proposal, and
III. curriculum vitae, and
- a personal statement which demonstrates the applicant’s capacity to complete a higher degree research degree and interest in completing research in an area that coincides with the Trusts interests. b. The successful applicant will be awarded the Scholarship on the nomination of the Henry Halloran Advisory Board.