Applications for 2019/20 are open for York Graduate Research School Scholarships for overseas research students at the University of York in the UK.
The University of York is a collegiate plate glass research university located in the city of York, England. Established in 1963, the campus university has expanded to more than thirty departments and centre, covering a wide range of subjects.
A member of the Russell Group of research-led universities, York ranks in the THE World University Rankings top 150 institutions – one of the youngest universities to do so. Other achievements include a rank of 14th overall and 10th for the impact of its research in the 2014 Research Excellence Framework.
York is also the recipient of thirteen Athena Swan awards given to the university in recognition of its support for women scientists.
The university’s main campus is in the south-east of York, a short distance from the city’s historic centre. A recent £750m expansion plan has seen the university extend its campus to include new laboratories and teaching spaces, as well as a sports village and a start-up incubator called Springboard, which assists businesses and entrepreneurs in the early stages of developing their ideas.
What You Need To Know About The York Graduate Research School Scholarships
York is an easily accessible city that’s pedestrian-friendly and widely regarded as one of the country’s best for cycling, with an extensive network of both cycle lanes and off-road cycle paths.
Level / Field of Study:
Scholarships are available to pursue research degrees at the University.Scholarships are awarded to study any of the subjects offered by the university.
Scholarship is be taken in UK at University of York . If you are an international student and you wish to study in UK , this is for you Complete Guide to Getting A UK Tier 4 Student Visa For International Students.
This scholarship are available for international students.. Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
These prestigious scholarships, awarded by the York Graduate Research School, offer full funding (covering 100% of tuition fees, a stipend commensurate with the UKRI rate, plus a research training support grant) for the duration of a student’s enrolment period.
YGRS Overseas Research Scholarships
- Number available to be confirmed
- 100% fee waiver
- Approximately £15,000 stipend for each year of successful study (valid for three years or the duration of the student’s enrolment period)
- A research training support grant (RTSG)
The York Graduate Research School Scholarships Eligibility:
Eligible Countries: Scholarships are open to international students.
Entrance Requirements: Eligible students must
- Have applied for a place of study at York by 31 January 2019
- Be liable to pay tuition fees at the international rate
- Start their research studies in the 2019/20 academic year (between 1 October 2019 and 1 September 2020)
Applicants cannot hold a 100% tuition fee scholarship from elsewhere or be fully sponsored.
Applicants for the following pathways are not eligible to apply for the YGRS Overseas Research Scholarships:
- Hull York Medical School
- International Pathway College
- Kaplan International College London
English Language Requirements: If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
How to Apply For The York Graduate Research School Scholarships
- There isn’t a separate application form for these scholarships. Depending on your application status, you can be considered for these awards in two ways:At the point of application
- Select the ‘UoY Overseas Research Scholarship’ option from the drop-down menu when asked how you intend to finance your studies.
If you’ve already applied for your place of study
- Email the Postgraduate Administrator in the department you’ve applied to and ask them to add the ‘UoY Overseas Research Scholarship’ tag to your formal programme application before the deadline.
Application Deadline: January 31, 2019