University of Applied Sciences Potsdam is inviting applications for three scholarships for MA in Childhood Studies and Children’s Rights. Scholarships are available for international students.
the University of Applied Sciences Potsdam is opening a call for 3 (three) scholarships within the framework of the National Programme “Deutschland-Stipendium” for the funding period October 2018 to March 2020 (three semesters).
Especially high-achieving and highly motivated students of the MA Childhood Studies and Children’s Rights with excellent study performance can be supported with a monthly grant of € 300 over three semesters, independent of personal income.
50% of the scholarship is paid by private funders, dedicated enterprises or organisations and 50% by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF). We thank our donator Jugend und Kinder Stiftung für kompetente Elternschaft und Mediation (JKS Stiftung) for the funding of these three scholarships.
The University of Applied Sciences is a young university. It was founded in 1991. There are currently around 3,500 students in 26 degree programs in social sciences and education, city | Construction | Culture, civil engineering, information science and design enrolled.
What You Need To know About The University of Applied Sciences MA Scholarships in Germany
If you are more practically oriented person with no interests in theory and research, you should consider obtaining your degree at an university of applied science. Most of them offer Bachelor and Master programmes and sometimes a Doctorate.
Although in many cases, you are not allowed to sign up for a PhD or a Doctorate with a Master’s degree issued by a university of applied science.
Level / Field of Study:
Scholarships are available to pursue Master degree program.
Scholarship is be taken in Germany at University of Applied Sciences. If you are an international student and you wish to study in UK , this is for you Complete Guide to Getting A UK Tier 4 Student Visa For International Students.
This scholarship are available for international students.. Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
In addition the donator has generously granted another 5.000 € for the three scholarship holders of the „Deutschland-Stipendium“ to use for activities related to the MA Childhood Studies and Children’s Rights from which all students shall benefit.
Activities could be for example:
– Invitation of experts for guest lectures
– Organisation of small events (symposia; one day seminars) on specific topics
– Funding of travel and accommodation costs for participation in conferences
– Funding of excursions
– Organisation of small workshops.
The University of Applied Sciences MA Scholarships Eligibility:
Necessary requirements which applicants for a scholarship must fulfill:
You may apply for a “Deutschland-Stipendium” at the University of Applied Sciences Potsdam if you
– Are enrolled at the University of Applied Sciences Potsdam for the Winter Semester 2018/19 and will still be within your regular period of study during this funding period
– Have demonstrated outstanding ability in your studies to date or in professional life
– Are not in receipt of any other aptitude- or performance-related material funding worth € 30 or more on monthly average from the funding institutions for the academically gifted, the German Academic Exchange Service or foreign institutions
How to Apply for The University of Applied Sciences MA Scholarships:
Gifted students should apply within the application period 24 September 2018 to 11 October 2018 and in the required form both online and also on paper with all the necessary documents by post.
Applications should be made in two steps
Complete the application form fully, check your data carefully and submit the form online.
Print out the application PDF, sign it and send your application, with all necessary documents and certificates, in the stipulated form and before the prescribed deadline to the Geschäftsstelle Deutschland-Stipendium der FH Potsdam.
Your paper application must be accompanied by the following documents:
- The fully completed and personally signed application form
- Your personal résumé (CV) in tabular style
- A statement of your personal motivation
- Your current certificate of student enrolment for the Winter Semester 2018/2019
- For students in M.A. courses, final degree grade of prior Diploma or B.A. study courses
- Evaluations of internships and professional employment
- Documentation of any awards or prizes received
- Documentation of other attainments and of further forms of social/political etc. commitment.
Scholarship Application Deadline: October 11, 2018