Applications are been invited from Egyptians for the CHEVENING SCHOLARSHIP FOR EGYPTIAN STUDENTS 2019-2020 . APplicants for this program must also ensure that the have complied with the eligibility criteria to the later to avoid disqualification of any sort. Hurry and apply now!!
ABOUT CHEVENING SCHOLARSHIP:
Chevening is the UK government’s international awards programme aimed at developing global leaders since 1983.
Funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and partner organisations, Chevening offers two types of award – Chevening Scholarships and Chevening Fellowships – the recipients of which are personally selected by British Embassies and High Commissions throughout the world.
Chevening offers a unique opportunity for future leaders, influencers, and decision-makers from all over the world to develop professionally and academically, network extensively, experience UK culture, and build lasting positive relationships with the UK.
All former scholars and fellows, from 1983 to present, can reconnect with their classmates by joining the Chevening community platform.
The number of available scholarships varies from country to country. More than thirty scholarships are currently awarded to candidates from Nepal, India and China. Twenty or more are awarded to candidates from Egypt, South Korea, Indonesia, Pakistan, Mexico and Brazil, with less than five core scholarships now available to candidates from Australia and Canada(US students are not eligible, but can apply for the Marshall Scholarships which are also funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office). The Chevening Scholarship is not available to non-indigenous Australian candidates .
The significance of the Chevening scholarship scheme rests on its large scope – approximately 700 scholarships are awarded each year to students from more than 110 countries, allowing students from developing countries to access British tertiary education institutions, some of which are of a very high standard as determined by international rankings.In this way the Chevening scheme is more similar to the US Fulbright Scholarships which bring students from 140 countries to the US and differs from the Rhodes Scholarship scheme which currently allows applications from approximately 18 countries.Winners of Chevening scholarships often receive coverage in national and local newspapers.to see more about Chevening, click here
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT CHEVENING SCHOLARSHIP FOR EGYPTIAN STUDENTS:
Chevening Scholarships in Egypt are awarded to outstanding emerging leaders to pursue a one-year taught Master’s degree programme at any UK university. They provide a unique opportunity for future leaders, influencers and decision-makers from all over the world to develop professionally and academically, network extensively, experience UK culture and build lasting positive relationships with the UK. A Chevening award offers financial support along with the opportunity of becoming part of the highly regarded and influential Chevening global network.
Applicants from Egypt can choose any course of study at any UK higher education institution, when selecting your field of study please refer to the UK priorities in your Country.
LEVEl OF STUDY:
The chevening scholarship is for a one year masters taught program.Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
FIELD OF STUDY:
There are numerous fields of study available to jamaicans to choose from, amongst which include:
• Governance, Security and Human Rights
• Economics, Trade and Business Management
• Energy and Climate Change
• Climate change
• Crime prevention
• Good governance
• Human rights
This scholarship is to be taken in the UK
Scholarship is for Egyptian students .If you are an international student and you wish to study in UK , this is for you Complete Guide to Getting A UK Tier 4 Student Visa For International Students.
The scholarship benefits are as follows:
a monthly stipend
• travel to the UK from your country at the beginning of your award
• travel from the UK back to your country at the end of your award
• an arrival and departure allowance
• a thesis or dissertation grant
• the cost of one visa application
• university tuition fees. There is also a global Chevening fee cap of £13,000 for MBA and Masters in Finance. If the tuition fees of your chosen university course exceed this amount, you will be required to fund the remainder of your tuition fees.
You can also see more benefits by clicking to see the official site here
Chevening SCHOLARSHIP REQUIREMENTS:
The chevening scholarship requirements includes:
- Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country
- Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your award has ended
- Have an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry onto a postgraduate programme at a UK university. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honours degree in the UK.
- Have at least two years’ work experience (this may be up to five years for fellowship programmes, so please refer to your country page for further details)
- Apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by 12 July 2018
- Meet the Chevening English language requirement by 12 July 2018
To know more about the requirements, please click here to see the official link
HOW TO APPLY FOR THIS Chevening SCHOLARSHIP:
Applications for Chevening Awards can only be submitted using the Chevening online applications system, available through the ‘Apply’ button on your country/territory’s page.
Prior to starting your application, please ensure you have the following ready:
- Valid passport or national ID card
- University transcripts and degree certificates (undergraduate, postgraduate)
- Three different UK Master’s course choices
- The names and details of two valid referees
Please note that if you are shortlisted for an award, you will be required to log into the online application system and request a reference from your referees. The request will generate an email to the referees and they will need to submit the reference by 25 February 2019.
- English language (if requirements already met)
- UK Master’s university offer (if requirements already met)
You can submit your initial application without these optional documents and upload them to your application at any point to 11 July 2019. Please note that if you are eventually conditionally selected for a Chevening Scholarship, it is essential that you provide evidence that you meet the Chevening English language requirements and that you have at least one unconditional offer from an eligible course by 11 July 2019 in order to remain in the process.
To see how to apply for the chevening scholarship, we invite you to see the official application site of the chevening scholarship for Egyptians Here
Applications for 2019/2020 Chevening Scholarships are open between 12:00 BST on 6 August 2018 and 12:00 GMT on 6 November 2018. Applications for some Chevening Fellowships are also now open.