Greetings to you scholarshipgist reader, The Mesothelioma Cancer Alliance is proud to award $4,000 to one student whose life has been impacted by cancer.
The purpose of this scholarship is to provide financial assistance to college students in their pursuit of higher education. If you’ve battled a form of cancer yourself, or witnessed a loved one receiving treatment, we want to hear your story.
- Those who have battled cancer at any point in their lives (not limited to mesothelioma).
- Those who have a parent, sibling, immediate family member or close friend that has battled or is currently fighting cancer.
- Must be enrolled full-time at an accredited two-year or four-year university, community college or junior college, or a graduate degree program.
- This scholarship is offered nationwide to United States citizens.
- Students must be in academic “Good Standing” and have a minimum Grade Point Average of 3.0 or higher to be eligible.
March 31st, 2020 for Fall 2020 semesteR.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit a typed essay (500–1,500 words) or video submission (5 minutes max) answering the following questions:
- How has cancer affected your life?
- How did you overcome this strong adversity?
- How has cancer affected outlook on your life and personal or career goals?
- How did this adversity shape who you are today?
- What would this scholarship mean to you? Why is it important?
Please fill out the application form below and provide your full name, home address, email address, phone number, the university you are attending, or plan to attend, and your major. In addition, please submit all of the following:
- Unofficial Academic Transcript.
- Proof of enrollment at an accredited two-year or four-year university, community college or junior college, or a graduate degree program. This may be an official letter verifying your enrollment or your class schedule for the current semester.
- 2 letters of recommendation detailing why you should receive the scholarship.
- Information about any honors you have received as well as any volunteer work. Please summarize in 1–2 sentences for each.
All entries will be reviewed by the staff at the Mesothelioma Cancer Alliance once the deadline passes. The winner will be chosen based on the positive impact they have on those around them, strength in the face of adversity, commitment to academic excellence, and financial need.
Students who are awarded scholarships will be notified no later than May 1, 2020 for the Fall 2020 semester and announced through the Mesothelioma Cancer Alliance’s social network of over 50,000 followers. Each winner will be granted a $4,000 scholarship. The Mesothelioma Cancer Alliance will only contact the winners of the scholarship.
The decision of the panel will be based on which student best shows strength in the face of adversity, a need for financial assistance, and who best uses their cancer experience to positively impact the lives of other young adults. Medical hardship, a dedication to community service, and a commitment to educational and professional goals will also be considered when making the final decision.
Any attempt to falsify claims in an applicant’s story will result in immediate disqualification.
All essays and videos should be submitted no later than March 31, 2020 for the Fall 2020 semester.
Any questions can be directed to the Mesothelioma Cancer Alliance at firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Mesothelioma Cancer Alliance Scholarship
The Mesothelioma Cancer Alliance is committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information. This includes the collection, storage, use, access, and disposal of all student information and data obtained through the application process. This data will only be used for reviewing applications and selecting recipients and never for commercial purposes.