Do you have what it takes to get the job at the Nigeria Police force? If yes, then proceed further and see what qualification is required to apply for the job. In this article, we will provide you vital information on the following; Nigerian Police recruitment, Nigerian Police Ranks and Portal, Nigerian Police Exams and Nigerian Police Courses in 2019.
However, to be qualified for the job, you need to know the necessary qualifications, requirements for applying for the Nigeria Police recruitment 2019.
The Nigeria Police Force is the principal law enforcement agency in Nigeria with a staff strength of about 371,800. There are currently plans to increase the force to 650,000, adding 280,000 new recruits to the existing 370,000. The NPF is also a very large organization consisting of 36 State commands that consist of a group of 12 zones and 7 administrative organs.
The Nigeria Police Force is also a huge organization that is to provide security to approximately 190,000 million citizens, govern the interests of countrymen and law. What are the main functions of the Nigerian Police Force? What is the role of this big organization in controlling crime in the 21st century? Let us briefly describe what police officers are doing to protect modern society.
Top Functions Of The Nigeria Police Force In Modern Society
The modern Nigeria Police Force has several hundred thousand members who work in each of the 36 states and work in different regions (there are twelve zones) and seven administrative structures. The current Inspector General of Police is AIG Abubakar Mohammed Adamu. He also took this position on Tuesday when the President of Nigeria Muhammadu Buhari appointed him after the retirement of Ibrahim Idris. What are the functions of the Nigerian Police Force?
1. Crime Prevention
The role of the Nigeria police force in the control of crime cannot be underestimated. It is extremely important that the Nigerian police monitor the crime situation in your area of responsibility. You should also take note of this before considering taking the Nigerian Police recruitment form.
2. Protection of Lives
This is one of the highest tasks of the Nigerian police force. The life of every Nigerian citizen is priceless and, therefore, must be protected at all levels. Police officers should direct their areas and do everything possible to prevent crimes that can cause human death. You should take note of this before considering taking the Nigerian Police recruitment form.
3. Property Protection
Since many people currently have expensive houses, furniture, jewelry, tools and other expensive goods, one of the most important policing functions in modern society is to protect all types of property from thieves and bad guys. Each person deserves to live a safe life and keep all their belongings.
4. Maintaining Order
This is also one of the main tasks of the police in modern society because law and order are what must be respected and followed in each society. The Nigerian police must maintain order in the area for which they are responsible, and only when everyone in society begins to appreciate the law will there be peace and most crimes will be avoided in advance.
5. Capture the Culprits
How can the crime be controlled? Police officers know the answer. Your other task is to arrest those who commit crimes, thieves and anyone who commits illegal acts in public or private places. Officers can only arrest these people, but they are not allowed to punish them badly (kicking, beating, etc.).
6. Crime Detection
The Nigerian police must reveal the crime and not only do everything possible to avoid it. The detection of crimes is an important task for all officers in all states of the country. All crimes must also be investigated, and the relevant criminals must be arrested and sent to prison.
7. Military Obligations
Each representative of the police force in Nigeria must also perform all the tasks described in the special official document called the Police Act. This Act lists all the principal functions of the organization, military duties and all powers granted to the police. You should also take note of this before considering taking the Nigerian Police recruitment form.
Another function that should be mentioned in our list is the prosecution that police officers must carry out before the Court of Justice. This duty is included in the law and must be performed by the police in Nigeria. You should know this before considering taking the Nigerian Police recruitment form.
9. Person Identification
Is also a function of the Nigerian police to identify the detained citizens. This means that officers have to take pictures of these people, record their measurements, record their fingerprints, etc. These procedures must be done on a regular basis.
10. Search through Their Property
Lastly, the police job is to search for their belongings if the person seems suspicious. The employee shall also have the right to inspect the documents or any possession or something taken if he or she believes that the person has stolen or obtained them illegally. What are the functions of the Nigerian police? Nigerian police officers acquire the authority of the Constitution primarily to protect the property of citizens, the life of every person, crime prevention and law enforcement.
Is The Nigeria Police Force Recruitment Form Out?
Nigeria Police Force recruitment (NPF) has been anticipating in the country till date. We’ve also received numerous requests by aspirants on various platforms yearning for legit information about the 2019 NPF recruitment application form.
The Scholarshipsgist.com has made a list of how-to guide you through on this recruitment and how to apply successfully. In addition, always remember to stay connected to our site as we will give you the latest news about Nigeria police force recruitment.
Nigeria Police Force Recruitment Eligibility And Requirements.
1. Nationality: Be a Nigerian citizen by birth and possess National Identity Number (NIN).
2. Age: Must not be less than 18 years of age or more than 25 years of age.
3. Education: Must have an O’ Level certificate at least five credits level passes including Mathematics and English Language in not more than two sittings in WASSCE/GCE/NECO/NABTEB.
4. Character: Must be of good character and must not have been convicted of any criminal offense.
5. Height: Must not be less than 1.67 meters in height for men and 1.64 meters for women.
6. Chest Measurement: Must not have less than 86 cm (34 inches) expanded chest measurement (for men only).
7. Physical Features: Must not have any one of the following abnormalities or deformities: Speech Impediment, Knock Knees, Bow Legs, Bent Knees, Flat Feet, Deformed Hands which cannot perform the full functions of the hand. Tattoos, Bodily Scar, Defective Eyesight or Squint Eyes, Amputation of any part of the body. Gross Malformation of teeth. Protruding Navel.
8. Pregnancy: Must not be pregnant at the time of Recruitment.
9. Financial Status: Must be free from any pecuniary embarrassment.
10. Guarantors’ Form: Must download and fill the Guarantors’ Form, presenting verifiable references from any two (2) of the following: Traditional Rulers, Magistrate, Local Government Chairman, Heads of Educational Institutions attended. Career Civil Servant not below the rank of Grade Level 12, Police Officer not below the rank of CSP, or Military Officer not below the rank of Lieutenant Colonel. Possession of a valid National Drivers’ License is an added advantage.
Also, note that a Bachelor or Masters degree in other relevant disciplines in the quantitative field or higher national diploma in relevant discipline in the quantitative field. Computer literacy and conversant with Microsoft Office, web applications and the use of relevant applications for efficient delivery of service.
Important Point to Note in Nigeria Police Recruitment
There are a lot of things you should take into consideration when applying for Nigeria police recruitment 2019. Getting the right information at the right time is very important, which means you need to be visiting the Nigeria police force portal on a regular basis.
How to Apply for the Nigeria Police Recruitment Form
All applications must be submitted ONLINE.
- You MUST have a functional Email Address and Mobile Phone Number before you begin your application;
- Fill and SUBMIT the Online Form. (Review the information before final submission).
- Ensure that you print out the information that is sent automatically to your Email, and do not forget to copy and save your REGISTRATION NUMBER for future correspondences. The NUMBER Is case sensitive.
- You would be required to present a hardcopy of an email message sent to you if you are shortlisted and contacted for the next stage of the recruitment process.
Here is an official link to apply for the Nigeria Police Recruitment Form and for more vital information.
- Do not use any email and/or phone number more than once in this application.
- Applicants with multiple applications would be disqualified.
- Lastly, the Nigeria Police Force shall not enter into any correspondences with candidates or on behalf of candidates in this exercise aside this portal or candidates emails/telephones.
Also, the application closes six (6) weeks from the date of this publication.
Please note that this forum does not recruit officers and this is just an informative article. Also, we do not have any affiliation to the Nigeria Police force and therefore, they are in charge of all forms of recruitment.
Nigerian Police Recruitment Exams
The Nigeria Police Academy entrance examination centers Nationwide have been released including the examination subjects that would be attempted by applicants.
Nigeria Police Academy entrance examination centers are as follow:
- ABUJA POWA Headquarters opposite Force Headquarters, Abuja
- BAUCHI Police Training School, Bauchi
- BENUE Zone 4 – Makurdi, Benue State
- CALABAR Zone 6 – Calabar, Cross River State
- EDO Zone 5 – Benin city, Edo State
- ENUGU Police Detective College, Enugu
- IBADAN Police Training School, Ibadan
- JOS Police Staff College, Jos
- KADUNA Police College, Kaduna
- KANO Nigeria Police Academy, Wudil
- LAGOS Police College, Ikeja, Lagos
- LOKOJA Zone 8 – Lokoja, Kogi State
- MAIDUGURI Police College, Maiduguri
- MINNA Police Secondary School, Minna
- OWERRI Emmanuel College, Owerri
- PORT-HARCOURT Police Secondary School, Port Harcourt
- SOKOTO Zone 10 – Sokoto, Sokoto State
- TARABA Zone 3 – Jalingo, Taraba State
- Lastly, YOLA Police Children School, Karewa, Jimeta, Yola Adamawa State.
1. Candidates should log into their online account so as to choose the center nearest to them from among the old centers and the additional center.
2. Candidates that selected one of the newly added centers should contact the respective State Police Commands of their chosen centers.
3. Candidates are hereby requested to come to the examination center along with the following:
i. Acknowledgment Form
ii. Examination Card (Login to your online account to print Exam Card and updated Acknowledgment Card)
iii.Current JAMB Result Slip
vi. 2B pencil, sharpener, eraser, and ruler
v. Lastly, two (2) Postcard size photographs (3.5 x 5 Inches) which should show only from the chest upwards
Nigeria Police Academy Entrance Examination Pattern
Nigeria Police Academy Entrance Examination shall assume the following pattern:
SELECTION A: GENERAL PAPER
This is compulsory for all candidates (Weighting, 40%). Other sections, (only one section to be answered by candidates based on Faculty of choice (weighing 60%).
General Paper And Any of The Following 3 Subjects for the Nigerian Police Recruitment
SECTION B: FACULTY OF HUMANITIES:
- Lastly, Literature in English
SECTION C: FACULTY OF LAW
- Lastly, Literature in English
SECTION D: FACULTY OF SCIENCE:
- Lastly, Physics
SECTION E: FACULTY OF SOCIAL AND MANAGEMENT SCIENCES:
- Lastly, the Principle ofAccounts/Commerce
How to Check Nigeria Police Force Screening Date For Aptitude Test
Follow the steps below to check the names of successful candidates for the Nigeria Police Recruitment of constables. Candidates whose names appear on the list are to come with the under-listed documents;
- Visit Nigeria Police Recruitment Portal on (psc.gov.ng) OR(https://psc.gov.ng/).
- Enter your name and the state of origin to check the list and screening date.
- Lastly, proceed to click the verify status button to confirm if you are selected.
Also, note that all shortlisted candidates of the Nigeria Police Force Recruitment that the zonal screening date and time will be communicated to them on the website and via the E-mail used during registration.
The Nigerian Police Force Ranks
The Ranks In Nigeria Police Force are divided across three structures; Administrative, Authority, and Organizational structure. The authority ranks in Nigeria police force (NPF), from top to bottom is the Inspector General of police down to the constable.
The Inspector-General of Police
In accordance with Article 215 (2) of the Constitution of 1999, article 6 of the Police Act 1990, “directs the Inspector General of the Police Force”.
This simply means that the orders, instructions, and instructions to carry out the duties of the police go from the Inspector General of the Police, through the chain of command, to any officer assigned to carry out this order.
The Inspector General’s Police Office is the highest ranking in the Nigerian police force.
The Deputy Inspector-General of Police
According to section 7(1) of the Police Act, the Deputy Inspector General of Police is the second in command of the Force and shall so act for him in the Inspector-General’s absence.
Section 5 of the Act makes room for as many DIGs as the Nigeria Police Council considers appropriate. Every other rank below the IG, takes order of Command from him, in the performance of their lawful duties.
The Asst. Inspector-General of Police
The Office of the Inspector General of the Nigeria Police force as provided for in articles 5 and 8 of the Police Act work for the Inspector General of Police in the absence of the Inspector General of Police and the Deputy Inspector General of Police.
The Commissioner of Police (In-charge of contingents in a state)
Article 5 of the Police Act, in accordance with Article 215 (2) of the Constitution of Nigeria, establishes the position and rank of the police commissioner that is under the control of the police units in a state. However, he or she is under the command of the Inspector General of the Police or the person who performs his duties in his absence.
All other ranks of the Force are legally established under article 5 of the Police Act. The structure of the Nigerian Police Command can be presented in hierarchical order as in the series here.
The Administrative Structure Of The Nigerian Police Force
The Nigeria Police is administratively structured and divided into departments/sections: ‘A’ – ‘G’ with each department charged with peculiar duties. Although their duties are interwoven, they are distinguishable.
Section “A”: – ADMINISTRATION
Guidance, supervision, and coordination among several departments within the Nigerian police force
Section B: – OPERATION
Responsible for planning and organizing internal security measures and monitoring the implementation of these security measures in the country.
Section ‘C’: – LOGISTICS AND SUPPLY.
Responsible for providing the necessary tools for the Nigerian police force that needs work.
These includes; uniforms, planning of building programmes, construction and maintenance of Police Buildings and quarters, determination of costs of all equipment, e.g. vehicles, planes, Helicopters; Wireless equipment, Bomb Disposal equipment, Force Animals, Arms & Ammunition and other riot equipment, Boats, Medical, Stationers, Spare parts, Printing equipment.
Section “D”: – RESEARCH AND INTELIGENCE
This section is responsible for criminal investigations: Interpol, antispionage, crime prevention policies, drugs, forensic affairs, crime records, prosecutors and criminal intelligence.
Section “E”: – TRAINING AND LEADERSHIP
Formulation and implementation of training policy and plan for the Nigerian police force. Good training programs in research to keep abreast of modern thinking in the field of training and development of personnel and equipment.
The Section “F” is also responsible for the Department of Research, Planning, Inspection, Management Information, Management, and Method.
Section “G” (INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGIES)
Lastly, the Information and Communication Technologies Section has become important and correct management, and ICTs become a very important tool in the fight against crime.
It is responsible for the duties of developing ICT policies and programs for implementation in the Nigerian police force.
Office Of The Force Secretary
The Office of the Secretary of the Force has the task of promoting and appointing senior police officers, deploying outstanding police officers, maintaining records of senior police officers, the discipline of senior police officers, a meeting of the police council, inter-ministerial matters and promotion meetings.
The Organizational Structure Of The Nigerian Police Force
The Nigeria Police Force is further structured in line with the geopolitical structure of the Country, with provisions for supervisory formations. The structure formation enables Police operational of the internal Territory of Nigeria.
The organizational structure of the Police Force is represented as shown below:
State Commands Headquarters
Area Commands Headquarters
Divisional Police Headquarters
Village Police Post.
This structure is supposed to help the entire populace feel the impact of the Nigerian Police Force.
Nigerian Police Salary
The Nigerian police (officially the Nigerian police force) has already become very impressive in terms of recruitment. The salary is very good. You are absolutely sure that you will receive it at the end of each month. This is also a publication about the ranks and salaries of the Nigerian police in 2019.
Established in 1820, the Nigerian Police Force (NPF) is the main law enforcement agency in Nigeria and is responsible for the internal security of lives and property. Their vision is to make Nigeria safer for economic development and growth, to create a safe environment for all those living in Nigeria.
It also has a staff strength of around 371,800. Currently, there are plans by the current government to increase the force to 650,000. NPF is a very large organization composed of 36 leaders of countries grouped into 12 regions and 7 administrative bodies. The federal agency also has 14 different weapons. The Agency is currently headed by the Inspector General of the Police, Mohammed Abu Bakr Adamu, MBN, Meni.
Interested In Knowing The Amount Paid As Salary To Employees Of The Nigerian Police Force?
The classification of the Nigerian police extends from the “recruitment” to the Inspector General of Police (appointed by the President of the Federation). Salary also increases in this way.
The constable’s police obtained more than N430,000 in the past, but with the newly approved salary increase structure, they get the N84000 per month. How wonderful is that?
See the Complete Nigerian Police Salary Structure.
NEW Nigerian Police Salary 2018 Structure
There is a new salary arrangement for the Nigerian Police force as updated in March 2019.
Below is the new monthly salary structure has carried by Nigerian news outlets:
- Police Constable (PC) II – ₦84,000
- Police Constable (PC) – ₦86,000
- Sergeant Copral (SC) -₦96,000
- Sergeant Major (SM) – ₦119,000
- Inspector Of Police (IP) – ₦167,000
- Inspector of Police (IP) – ₦254,000
- Assistant Superintendent of Police (ASP) II – N271,000
- Assistant Superintendent of Police(ASP) l – ₦296,000
- Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) – ₦321,000
- Superintendent of Police (SP) – ₦342,000
- Chief Superintendent of Police (CSP) – ₦419,000
- Assistant Commissioner of Police (ACP) – ₦483,000
- Deputy commissioner of police (DCP) -₦531,000
- Lastly, Commissioner of Police (CP) -₦1.5million.
This new salary structure begins on November 1, 2018
Has the Nigeria Police Released the List of Shortlisted Candidates, Screening Date?
The Nigeria Police Force (NPF) has finally released a list of candidates shortlisted for its 2019 recruitment. This was disclosed on the official website of the Police Service Commission (PSC). The force advised shortlisted candidates to check their email accounts to confirm that they have been shortlisted for the screening exercise and also to confirm the date, venue and time for screening.
According to the PSC, the screening of shortlisted applicants for recruitment into the Nigeria Police Force as Constables will begin on Monday, July 1, 2019, in the 36 States of the federation and the Federal capital territory Abuja, Nigeria’s capital.
The statement reads: “The screening of shortlisted applicants for recruitment into the Nigeria Police Force as Constables will begin on Monday, July 1, 2019, in the 36 States of the federation and the Federal capital territory Abuja. Already letters of invitation to successful applicants are currently being sent to the email accounts used by applicants when they applied.
Applicants are also required to check their email accounts to confirm that they have been shortlisted for the screening exercise and also to confirm the date, venue and time for screening. All relevant information concerning the recruitment exercise is contained in the letters of invitation.
Applicants are also advised to check for their names and other relevant information in their respective State Police Command, Police Service Commission website.
The article above gives you detailed information on the Nigerian Police Force ranks, organizational structure, recruitment, portal, exams, courses and a lot more.
We hope you got the information you need as regards to your wish to enroll with the Nigeria Police Force.