Please Share This Information With Your Friends
Bilateral Education Agreement BEA Awards for Nigerian Students
Federal Ministry of Education is inviting applications from qualified candidates for Bilateral Education Agreement BEA Awards for Nigerians to study abroad. Scholarships are available to pursue undergraduate and postgraduate programme. This post is a guideline to registering BEA Awards this session
About The Sponsor
Federal Ministry of Education mission is to use education for fostering the development of all Nigerian Citizens to their full potentials in the promotion of a strong, democratic, egalitarian, prosperous, indivisible and indissoluble sovereign nation under God.
Level/Field of Study
BEA Awards for Nigerian students are available to pursue undergraduate as well as a postgraduate programme in the following fields of study:
- Undergraduate level: Engineering, Geology, Agriculture, Sciences, Mathematics, Languages, Environmental Sciences, Sports, Law, Social Sciences, Biotechnology, Architecture, Medicine (very limited), etc;
- Postgraduate level (Masters Degree and PhD) in all fields
BEA Scholarship Awards for Nigerians to Study Abroad in the following places:
- Undergraduate (UG) studies tenable in Russia, Morocco, Algeria, Serbia, Hungary, Egypt, Turkey, Cuba, Romania, Ukraine, Japan, Macedonia;
- Postgraduate (PG) studies tenable in Russia (for those whose first degrees were obtained from Russia), China, Hungary, Serbia, Turkey, Japan, Mexico, South Korea, etc.
Nigerian students are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
Who is Eligible To Apply For The Bilateral Education Agreement BEA Awards for Nigerians to Study Abroad:
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the BEA Awards for Nigerian students:
- UNDERGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP: All applicants for undergraduate degree courses must possess a minimum qualification of Five (5) Distinctions (As & Bs) in the Senior Secondary School Certificate, WAEC (May/June) only in the subjects relevant to their fields of study including English Language and Mathematics. Certificates should not be more than Two (2) years old (2014 & 2015). Age limit is from 18 to 20 years.
- POSTGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP: All applicants must hold a First Degree with at least 2nd Class Upper Division. The applicants who are previous recipients of Foreign Awards must have completed at least two (2) years post qualification or employment practice in Nigeria. All applicants must have completed N.Y.S.C. Age limit is 35 years for Masters and 40 years for PhD NOTE (For all Applicants):
- Since the BEA countries are non-English speaking, applicants should be prepared to undertake a mandatory one-year foreign language of the country of choice which will be the standard medium of instruction; and
- All applicants for Hungarian Scholarship must visit the website: www.stipendumhungaricum.hu.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: UNDERGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP: All applicants for undergraduate degree courses must possess a minimum qualification of Five (5) Distinctions (As & Bs) in the Senior Secondary School Certificate, WAEC (May/June) only in the subjects relevant to their fields of study including English Language and Mathematics.
POSTGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP: All applicants must hold a First Degree with at least 2nd Class Upper Division
English language Requirements: Since the BEA countries are non-English speaking, applicants should be prepared to undertake a mandatory one-year foreign language of the country of choice which will be the standard medium of instruction.
How to Apply
All eligible applicants are to report for interview at the venues scheduled for their respective Zones of origin for proper identification. Two sets of the Printed Completed application forms are usually submitted at the various interview centers with the following attachments:
- Two sets of Photocopies of Educational Certificates and Testimonials of previous schools attended with the originals for sighting;
- One certificate is accepted i.e WAEC of May/June only; • Statement of results must be confirmed by WAEC and forwarded to the Director/Secretary, Federal Scholarship Board, Abuja;
- Two copies of Birth certificate
- State of Origin/LGA certificate duly signed, stamped and dated;
- Four (4) passport sized coloured photographs on a white background;
- Academic transcripts and NYSC certificates will be required from applicants for Postgraduate Studies. NB: Candidates nominated and finally selected by the awarding BEA countries will be required to submit to Federal Scholarship Board the following:
- Photocopies of Authenticated academic certificates;
- Data page of the current International passport, and
- Specified Medical Reports & Police clearance certificate.
The BEA Scholarship Awards for Nigerians is open for the 2019-2020 academic year.