The first International Training Programme (ITP) >eR-BioStat school will take place from 04/05/2020 to 19/05/2020 at Hasselt University, Belgium.
Application Deadline: 15th January 2020
Eligible Countries: Developing Countries
To be Taken at (Country): Hasselt University, Belgium.
About the Award: The International Training Programme on ‘eR-Biostat’, is a training project that is focused on education programs (both undergraduate and masters) in Biostatistics/Statistics as well as for non-statisticians and aims to train the participants in using and developing a new E-learning system for courses at different education level.
The ‘>eR-BioStat’ initiative is a E-learning system that offers a platform for a collection of fully developed courses in Biostatistics/Statistics, ready to be integrated in the curriculum / taught in class.
Type: Training/Short course
Selection Criteria: In order to ensure sustainable implementation of the >eR-BioStat platform in local universities only candidates that will be supported by their department will be admitted to the ITP. Therefore, we expect that candidates will submit their application form to the ITP with a support letter from their department. In addition, we will take into account:
1. Final score of the MSc degree. Applicants who are PhD holders will be ranked separately in order to ensure that applicant with MSc will be admitted to the ITP.
2. Support letter from the department of the applicant (obligatory, applicants without a support letter will not be admitted).
3. You are a teacher of a curriculum statistical course in one of the academic programs in your university (obligatory, if you are not teaching a course you will not be admitted).
4. A proven commitment of the applicant’s department to implement the >eR-BioStat platform in the curriculum of the local university.
5. Priority will be given for PhD students in local universities (compare to MSc holders who are not a PhD students).
6. Motivation letter.
7. The ITP is an equal opportunity project and Female applicants are encouraged to apply.
Number of Awards: 12 full VLIR-UOS scholarships are available for people from the 31 scholarship countries.
Value of Award:
- A 14 days training program in Hasselt University, Belgium.
- A Full scholarship including accommodation and living expenses (Approx. 1400 Euro).
- Flight tickets.
- Medical insurance for the course’s period.
Duration of Award: 04/05/2020-19/05/2020.
How to Apply: Application form
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.