Please Share This Information With Your Friends
The purpose of the programme is to provide opportunities to post-doctoral researchers from Sub-Saharan Africa to conduct, under the guidance of their host institutions, co-operative research at a German university or other research institutions. The programme is designed to augment opportunities for researchers from Sub-Saharan Africa.
Application Deadline: Applications can be handed in at any time, but at least four months before the intended visit in Germany.
Eligible Countries: Sub-Saharan African countries
To be Taken at (Country): Germany
About the Award: The DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service), as a publicly funded, self-governing organisation of the institutions of higher education in Germany, promotes international academic exchange as well as educational co-operation with developing countries through a variety of funding and scholarship programmes.
Eligibility: Applications may come from all subject areas with strong relevance to national or regional development.
The fellowships are tenable in any university or research institution in Germany.
Selection: The objective for fellows is to undertake research during the tenure of the award. The project should not be a reworking or mere extension of the candidate’s doctoral research project. That means:
- The fellowship should advance the candidate’s research profile
- The host and the candidate must have established close communication and devised a concrete research plan
- The implementation of the fellowship should contribute to promoting exchange between German and Sub-Saharan African universities.
Number of Awards: DAAD is offering approximately 10 fellowships.
Value of Award: The fellowship consists of:
- An adequate travel lump sum
- A research lump sum of EUR 600,–
- A monthly allowance of EUR 1.400,–
- Accident, liability and health insurance
Duration of Award: The awards are tenable for a period of two to six months and are not renewable.
How to Apply:
- Online application form, duly filled in (available in the DAAD-Portal).
- Curriculum vitae (please use the europass specimen form at www.europass.cedefop.europa.eu), including list of publications (if applicable).
- Letter of invitation from a German host institution.
- Research proposal (at least 5 pages) including detailed time and work plan which must have been arranged in advance with the host researcher in Germany.
- Confirmation from a German professor stating that she /he will host the applicant during the stay
- 2 recommendation letters by academic referees
- PhD certificate (certified as true copy of the original certificate).
- Master’s certificate (certified as true copy of the original certificate).
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.