Please Share This Information With Your Friends
The 2-year master programme in “Master of Science in Marine and Lacustrine Science and Management” (Oceans & Lakes) addresses students with a background in Sciences.
Application Deadline: 1st February 2020
Eligible Countries: Developing Countries
To be taken at (country): Belgium
About the Award: Oceans & Lakes is an inter-university programme organized by the Faculty of Sciences of Vrije Universiteit Brussel (VUB, Free University of Brussels), Universiteit Antwerpen (UAntwerpen, Antwerp University) and Universiteit Gent (UGent, Ghent University). The students are provided with a strong fundamental and applied knowledge and prepared for an active role in the scientific research and management of marine and lacustrine systems.
The programme adopts a multidisciplinary approach integrating physical, chemical geological, ecological and societal aspects and including nature conservation and sustainable development.
- funds and facilitates academic cooperation and exchange between higher education institutions in Flanders (Belgium) and those in developing countries
- aims at building capacity, knowledge and experience for a sustainable development.
- The VLIR-UOS scholarship is particulary designed for people from developing countries with a minimum of professional experience who occupy key or strategic positions at an institution in their native country.
- The opportunities for knowledge application and transfer after the master student returns home are an important scholarship selection criterion.
- Other admission requirements refer to: age, education, motivation, language, gender, financial resources. Only students who are nationals from a country in the VLIR country list can apply. For more details on the application procedure and forms, please consult the VLIR-UOS website.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: The scholarship covers ALL related expenses (full cost).
Duration of Programme: 2 years
How to Apply:
1. Download this preregistration form: fill in name, date of birth, country, etc…
2. If your preregistration is accepted you will receive an e-mail from the O&L secretariat to proceed further (you can expect an answer within two weeks after you submit your pre-registration).
3. In the return email from O&L secretariat, you will receive a link that will redirect you to your electronic application file. Deadline to submit your online application file is February 1.
Financial requirements: foreign students who wish to study in Belgium should take into account the costs involved.