This article is a quick review of the University of Bath. It also contains Latest Updates on University of Bath Admission, Courses, Tuition Fees, Ranking, Notable Alumni, Scholarships and University of Bath Clearing.
Before we start with the review, here is a brief history of the University of Bath.
The University of Bath was established in 1966 on Claverton Down in Bath. The school offers courses in engineering, humanities, management, science and social science.
Official school website: www.bath.ac.uk
Tel: +44 (0) 1225 388 388
+44 (0) 1225 383 019
University of Bath Address:
The Official Address of the university is
University of Bath Claverton Down Bath BA2 7Ay United Kingdom
University of Bath Ranking
Ranked the 28th in the country according to UniRank
Ranked the 6th by the Guardian University Guide 2019
Ranked the 11th according to Complete
Ranked the 6th according to The Guardian
Ranked the 13th according to the Times / Sunday Times
Ranked the 333rd according to UniRank
Ranked the 158th according to THE
Ranked the 167th according to CWTS Leiden
University of Bath Acceptance Rate
The University of Bath has an acceptance rate of 80% of applicants every year. This has made them one of the outstanding Universities in USA,
University of Bath Notable Alumni
- Peter Butcher: British diplomat and Ambassador to Turkmenistan
- Sandra Gidley: former Liberia Democrat MP for Romsey
- Mansoor Hekmat: Iranian Communist Leader
- Mohammad Tufik Rahim: former Iraqi Minister of Industry and Mines
- James Hudson: London Irish and England Saxons rugby union player.
- Salleh Mohammad Yasin: Director of International Institute for Global Health at the United Nations University and Former Vice Chancellor of the National University of Malaysia.
- Florence Wambugu: African pathologist and virologist.
- Nigel Healey: Vice Chancellor at Fiji National University.
- Doug Altman: founder and Director of Center for Statistics in Medicine and Cancer Research UK Medical Statistics Group.
- Bob Wigley: former chairman Merrill Lynch, Europe, Middle East and Africa; Chairman of Yell Group plc.
- Tom Pellereau: Inventor and Winner of the Seventh Series of the Apprentice.
- Stewart Till: Chairman of United International Pictures and Millwall FC
- Justin King: former CEO of Sainsbury’s
- Robert Fry: Executive Chairman of the McKinney Rogers Group, former Vice President of Hewlett Packyard, served as Commandant General Royal Marines.
University of Bath Tuition Fees
The annual fee paid at the University of Bath covers both the tuition and some examination fees. Resit examination fees are paid for separately. However, this fee is liable to change by the university at each year.
- Tuition fees for full time studies ranges between £9,250
- Tuition fees for part time studies is £2,130
- Tuition fees for sandwich program ranges between £9,250 – £1,385
For more information on the tuition fees at the University of Bath, please visit the school website or follow the link to be automatically redirected: www.bath.ac.uk/students/finance/tuition-fees/
University of Bath Admission:
Admissions at the University of Bath is responsible for undergraduate recruitment, admissions and outreach. They support the faculties, school and Doctoral College with post graduate recruitment.
Eligibility: applicant must be at least 17 years old at the start of the school year. Applicant must have a high standard of secondary education, with excellent results as proof of academic excellence.
The results must be shown on the school transcripts and exam certificates especially in necessary courses related to the intended course of study.
Applicants must display proof of English language proficiency with iELTS minimum grade of 6.0 with at least 5.5 in each part. The iELTS must be taken at authorized centers by UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI).
Meeting the requirements does not, however, guarantee an offer of admission.
Application requirement for international students: applicants must provide copies of their passport, and complete a section on the application form relating to the applicant’s immigration status to ensure they are qualified as an international student.
For more information, please visit the school website or follow the link to be automatically redirected: www.bathcollege.ac.uk/bathfoundation/entry-requirements/
University of Bath Courses
University of Bath offers amazing opportunities to International Students to Study the Following list of Courses and Faculties. The Courses are arranged in order of the Faculties host them.
Faculty of Engineering & Design
- Architecture and civil engineering
- Chemical engineering
- Electronic and electrical engineering
- Mechanical engineering
Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Politics, Languages, & International Studies
- Social & Policy Sciences
Faculty of Management
- Biology & Biochemistry
- Computer science
- Mathematical sciences
- Natural sciences
- Pharmacy & Pharmacology
University of Bath Clearing
The clearing is a system which provides matches for applicants to university placements that are yet to be occupied. The scheme is available for students who have applied to the university for studies and do not hold any offers as at the time of applying for clearing.
Applicants who apply for admission after the given date foe each year. This date varies from date to date.
Applicants who do not hold any other offers from universities or colleges they have applied to.
Applicants who have no confirmed placement after exam results are released.
The dates for commencement and deadline of application is announced on the school website.
University of Bath Scholarships
There are University of Bath Scholarships available for post graduate and masters taught programme at the University of Bath for international students.
The University of Bath scholarship is worth up to £3,000 and is applied as a discount on tuition fees of the student.
All international students of any nationality.
Applicant must have a confirmed offer of provisional admission into the University of Bath.
Applicant must have firmly accepted the offer of conditional or unconditional offer of provisional admissions.
Applicant must be studying or have obtained admission into the Faculty of Engineering and Design, the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences or the Faculty of Science.
Eligible students would be notified by the scheme and invited to apply for the scholarship opportunity.
For more information and to apply please visit the school website or follow the link to be automatically redirected: www.bath.ac.uk/campaigns/university-of-bath-international-scholarships-scheme-uobiss/
University of Bath Accomodation
On-campus accommodation for undergraduates: this is based on a 38 week contract. The fee ranges from £7,920 – £2,660.
City accommodation for undergraduates: this is based on a 38 week contract. The fee ranges from £6,080 – £2,660.
On-campus accommodation for postgraduate: this is based on a 51 week contract. The fee is £10, 770.
City accommodation for postgraduate: this is based on a 51 week contract. The fee ranges from £10,513 – £6,668.
Contact for enquiries: