As part of a wider initiative to invest in excellence, the University of Sussex is delighted to offer scholarships to overseas fee paying students from Nigeria admitted to start an eligible Masters course in September 2020.
Application Deadline: 1st August 2020
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: Nigeria
To be taken at (country): University of Sussex, UK
Eligible Field of Study: The scholarships relate to all full-time taught Masters degree courses at the University of Sussex (e.g. MA, MSc, LLM. MRes) with a few exceptions
About Scholarship: The scholarship is worth £3,000 for applicants that meet the eligibility criteria and will be awarded as a fee reduction upon registering at Sussex. For applicants holding/expecting to achieve a First Class degree, equivalent to a British Bachelors Honours degree from a Higher Education Institution in Nigeria, the award will automatically be enhanced to £5,000.
Type: Postgraduate taught (Masters)
Eligibility Criteria: In order to be eligible for a scholarship you must
- be a national of Nigeria,
- be a self-financing student
- have accepted an offer of a full-time place on a Masters course at the University of Sussex commencing in September 2020.
- meet the published academic requirements for your chosen course.
If your offer of a place is conditional you will need to meet the conditions of your offer before you are admitted to the University and awarded the scholarship. To receive the enhanced award, you will be required to provide evidence of your First Class degree from a recognised institution in Nigeria.
Number of Scholarships: unlimited
Value of Scholarship: Scholarship will be awarded as a fee reduction of up to £3,000.
Duration of Scholarship: one year
How to Apply:
- Register your interest in the scholarship through the postgraduate application system when you accept our offer of a place on an eligible Masters course. If you applied through one of our overseas representatives, you will need to ask them to do this for you.
- If you are successful, information about the scholarship will be included in your CAS (Confirmation of Acceptance for Study) for your visa application. If the scholarship information is not showing on your CAS or you want to register for the scholarship after you get your CAS, email firstname.lastname@example.org (Postgraduate Admissions).
Visit Scholarship Webpage for details