Please Share This Information With Your Friends
Africa4Future is a joint accelerator program between Airbus’ global aerospace accelerator, BizLab and Make-IT in Africa, a programme by GIZ, the German agency for International Cooperation.
Application Deadline: 14th March 2020 at 11:59pm In your local timezone (GMT +1)
Eligible Countries: African countries
About the Award: First launched in 2017, the #Africa4Future initiative was created by Airbus BizLab with the objective to encourage and support entrepreneurship in Africa. Through #Africa4future, Airbus seeks to build bridges between the aerospace industry and the different players in Africa.
For this third edition, the accelerator is open to African start-ups, service providers, software companies that are actively working on solutions in Agriculture and infrastructure that are related to remote-sensing technology. This includes automation, blockchain, artificial intelligence, data analytics, material composites, manufacturing and more. Infrastructure refers to transportation/logistics mapping, water monitoring, waste management, real estate, urban development and other related areas.
The program is implemented by Co-Creation Hub (CcHUB), a Pan-African innovation center with a track record of accelerating the application of social capital and technology for economic prosperity. CcHUB will provide strategic support and practical industry know-how to the startups to engage multiple stakeholders within their ecosystem and facilitate the connection with these global organizations.
Eligibility: We are looking for startups/solution providers/companies that:
- Create value in Agriculture and Infrastructure sectors
- Have the ability to leverage remote sensing technologies
- Have been running operations for at least 1 year
- Have an existing product with traction (customers and/or revenue)
- Have a strong management team
- Have experience leveraging partnerships to create impact
In addition to the above, companies must be registered in Africa and at least one active member of the founding team must be a Citizen of an African country.
Number of Awards: 10
Value of Award:
- Access to the best of Airbus technologies and expertise to create the best possible version of your solution.
- 250,000 credits on the UP42 platform to access powerful analytics tools
- An opportunity to present a project to the leadership of Airbus and GIZ for potential collaboration.
- Tailored coaching to improve your value proposition and your business’ capacity to work with large organizations.
- Connection with Airbus experts, local industry experts and investors.
- Potential to connect with the global value chain and build commercial traction through showcase events in Africa and Europe (Viva Tech, Africa-France summit and more)
Duration of Programme: 3 Months
How to Apply: Apply