The Inter-University Council for East Africa (IUCEA) wishes to announce a call for applications for undergraduate Scholarships to study at Kyungdong University, South Korea, commencing in September 2020 for the study of; Bachelor’s degree in Smart Computing, Hotel Management, and Business Administration.
Application Deadline: 30th March 2020
Eligible Countries: Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan, Tanzania and Uganda
To be taken at (country): South Korea
Field of Study: Scholarships are awarded to study Bachelors degree in; Smart Computing, Hotel Management, and Business Administration.
Eligibility: Scholarships are awarded to applicants (citizens and residents) of East African Community Partner States (5 students per Partner State including; Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan, Tanzania, and Uganda) meeting the entrance requirements below;
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a citizen of and resident in any of East African Community Partner State (Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan, Tanzania and Uganda);
- Have completed the pre-university level with excellent results;
- Have completed pre-university level during the academic years of 2018 or 2019;
- Subject areas and combinations to include; Mathematics and English;
- Have minimum grades of B in mathematics and English;
- English Language Requirements: Be proficient in English. Applicants whose first language is not English will be required to provide evidence of proficiency in English. The admission requirements for non-native speakers are IELTS 5.5 or IBT 71.
- Applicants should not be more than 22 years of age.
Selection Criteria: Upon the submission of required documents, applicant’s performance, and available slots per Partner States will be the criteria for selection of eligible applicants.
Number of Awards: Up to 30 scholarships are available each year for the next 5 years.
Value of Award: The scholarship covers the following:
Ø Kyungdong University will provide scholarships for each selected student comprising of;
· Tuition fees of USD 10,000per year up to 4 years;
· Accommodation fee of USD 1,600per year;
Ø IUCEA will provide:
· Return Air ticket at the beginning and end of every two years;
· Provide Health Insurance of USD 200 per year;
Ø Parent/Guardian of selected students will meet other living expenses estimated at USD 200 per month.Duration of Programme: The duration of this scholarship will be 4 years until completion of the under the graduate programme, subject to satisfactory performance each year of study.
How to Apply: Applicants should adhere to following procedures:
- Download the relevant application form “Application Form-IUCEA-KDU Scholarships”
- Submit the required documents indicated in the Application form above. Please combine into one PDF file. If necessary, you may zip the file to make it smaller for uploading
Completed application form and all the above required documents MUST be submitted by 30th March 2020 either electronically as PDF documents (in one folder) or hard copies to IUCEA (see address hereafter).
Inter-University Council for East Africa (IUCEA)
Kigobe Road, Plot M833, Kyambogo Area
P.O. Box 7110, Kampala
Republic of Uganda
For inquiries or any additional information, please contact Dr. Benedict Mtasiwa, Head of Exchange Programs, Linkages and Partnerships (firstname.lastname@example.org ) or Mr. Patrick Murenzi, Senior Exchange and Programs Officer (email@example.com).