UNAIDS is an innovative United Nations partnership that leads and inspires the world in achieving universal access to HIV prevention, treatment, care and support. UNAIDS’ Cosponsors include UNHCR, UNICEF, WFP, UNDP, UNFPA, UNODC, UN Women, ILO, UNESCO, WHO and the World Bank. Apply for the internship today.
Application Deadline: 26th September 2020
Eligible Countries: All
To Be Taken At (Country): Multiple Duty Stations various
About the Award: The Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS (UNAIDS) leads and inspires the world to achieve its shared vision of zero new HIV infections, zero discrimination and zero AIDS-related deaths. UNAIDS unites the efforts of 11 UN organizations—UNHCR, UNICEF, WFP, UNDP, UNFPA, UNODC, UN Women, ILO, UNESCO, WHO and the World Bank—and works closely with global and national partners towards ending the AIDS epidemic by 2030 as part of the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Candidates for internships at UNAIDS must be engaged in a course of post-secondary studies leading to a formal qualification in an approved university programme at the under-graduate or post-graduate level.
- Applications from people living with HIV are particularly welcome. Applications from women and from nationals of non- and under-represented member states are particularly encouraged
- Persons with immediate family members employed by the UNAIDS Secretariat are not eligible for internships
Contractual Terms and Conditions:
Ability to work effectively in teams, adapt and integrate easily with the team, work cooperatively in support of team objectives.
– Ability to convey ideas and thoughts in a clear and convincing way in one-on-one discussions or groups presentations and ability to produce clear correspondence and written reports.
– Ability to effectively apply their knowledge and skills to the job, and to consistently learn and improve performance.
– Ability to show initiative and enthusiasm in their work, effectively organize and manage time, and deliver high-quality results in line with agreed objectives.
– Ability to innovate and find new ways of working and improving results while maintaining a strong service orientation.
– Ability to take ownership of assigned responsibilities, to be productive, fulfill commitments and use resources responsibly.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: No remuneration of any kind is offered, nor are any travel or subsistence expenses covered. Interns must provide proof of adequate health insurance; UNAIDS will provide accident insurance coverage only.
Duration of Program: 6 weeks to 6 Months, it depends on the need of the Office.
How to Apply: Online applications are strongly encouraged to enable UNAIDS to store your profile in a permanent database. Please visit UNAIDS’s e-Recruitment website here. The system provides instructions for online application procedures.