The Onsi Sawiris Scholarship Program is a private merit-based scholarship program established in 2000 by Orascom Construction as part of the company’s commitment to promoting excellence and achievement.
Application Deadline: 31st July, 2020
Offered annually? Yes
To be taken at (University):
|· California Institute of Technology
· Stanford University
· The University of California – Berkley
· Yale University
· Georgia Institute of Technology
· Northwestern University
· The University of Chicago
· Harvard University
· Massachusetts Institute of Technology
|· Princeton University
· Cornell University
· Columbia University
· Duke University
· The University of Michigan
· Dartmouth University
· Carnegie Mellon University
· The University of Pennsylvania
· The University of Texas – Austin
Fields of Study: Business Administration or Construction Management.
Eligibility: Candidates should have:
· GPA : 3.5 / Very Good or above (Overall grade)
· TOEFL: iBT: 100 or above
· MBA – GMAT: 650 or above (taken within 5 years)
· MA in Engineering:
– Old GRE scores are no longer acceptable.
– New GRE scores: Minimum acceptable
– Overall: 302
– Analytical Writing: 4.5
· Extracurricular Activities: Have been involved or are currently involved in extracurricular activities.
· A minimum of three years working experience.
· Fields of Study: Engineering, Business Administration, and Construction management.
· Be planning to start their studies in the U.S.A in the year 2019.
· Be Egyptian nationals, who are residents of Egypt (preference will not be given to dual nationality applicants).
· Plan on pursuing their master’s degree at one of the top universities in the United States in the field of Business Administration or Engineering.
· Have not lived more than 3 years abroad.
· Be committed to coming back to Egypt for two years directly after the successful completion of the degree.
Selection Criteria: The Onsi Sawiris Scholarships will be awarded based on character and merit as demonstrated through academic excellence, extracurricular activities, and entrepreneurial initiative.
- Personal interviews at OC
- Notification of selected scholars
- Program orientation
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Scholarship: The scholarships include full tuition, a living allowance, travel, books, Computer, Health Insurance, and Other Benefits.
How to Apply: Please submit:
· Application form: Onsi Sawiris Scholarship Graduate application
It is important to go through the application instructions on the Scholarship Webpage before applying.