DAAD/LUANAR Scholarship Programme 2020 for African Students – Malawi
Application Deadline: 2nd June 2020
About the Award: As part of the “In-Country/In-Region Scholarship Programme“ DAAD offers scholarships for PhD and Master studies. The programme is funded by theGerman Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) andaims at university staff in the first line, without neglecting the public sector demand
of academically trained personnel.
The target group for scholarships are graduates and postgraduates from SubSaharan Africa with a first academic degree if applying for a Master’s programme, or with a Master’s degree if applying for a doctoral programme who want to pursue Master’s or PhD courses. In-Region Scholarships are aimed at students who want to participate in a study programe in a country of their home region (here:
Sub-Saharan Africa/outside their home country). In-Country Scholarships are aimed at students who study in their home country or in the country for which they have a residence permit.
Eligible Field(s): The scholarships at Lilongwe University of Agriculture and Natural Resources (LUANAR) are available in the following fields:
• PhD in Aquaculture and Fisheries Science
• Master of Science in Aquaculture and Fisheries Science
Type: Masters, PhD
• have successfully completed generally a three-year university degree (Master candidates) or a two-year university degree (doctoral candidates) with above average results (at least: Second Class/Upper division)
• clearly show motivation and strong commitment
• have thorough knowledge of the language of instruction
• have generally completed their last university degree not more than 6 years ago at the time of application
• must be nationals or permanent resident of a Sub-Saharan African country
• should generally be a) staff member of a public university, b) candidate considered for teaching or research staff recruitment, c) from the public sector, d) Alumni of the DAFI programme
Female applicants and candidates from less privileged regions or groups are especially encouraged to participate in the programme.
Eligible Countries: sub-Saharan African countries
To be Taken at (Country): Malawi
Number of Awards: 18
Value of Award: Fullyfunded
Duration of Award: Scholarships are initially granted for one year and can be extended to a maximum of the regular period of study upon receipt of an application for extension. Scholars must demonstrate satisfactory progress before an extension is granted.
How to Apply: The application process contains two steps. Please be aware of the two application deadlines.
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.