Eligibility: Applicants must be registered at a PhD Programmes in one of the RUFORUM Network universities as Graduate Teaching Assistant and must have completed and passed their course work before the grant can
be awarded. If applicants have not yet completed their coursework by the deadline date then proof of successful completion of semester one must be included and two motivation letters from your lecturers and/or supervisor(s) must be given that indicate your progress on Semester 2 courses. All the PhD Programmes in the RUFORUM Network universities are Eligible. Female Graduate Teaching Assistantship candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Selection Criteria: The external reviewers will mainly use the following criteria to judge/rank proposals.
- Overall project design, content and articulation/write-up
- Appropriateness/relevance and contribution to SENTINEL project challenge and relevance to the Project research (themes proposed above)
- The originality, innovativeness and contribution to science or development
- Research activities clearly defined
- Clear identification of pertinent research issues, achievable objectives
- Evidence of a good understanding of the literature, rationale for the particular
- Well-articulated methodological approach with evidence of good understanding of applicable methods
- Clearly articulated engagement process with key stakeholders throughout the research process, and pathway for dissemination of results to communities, academia and, where appropriate, to service agencies, partners and policy-makers
- Feasibility: Can the PhD student achieve this in the time available and is it of the expected standard for a PhD?
Number of Awards: 42
Value of Award: The grants will support only research and WILL NOT cover tuition fees or stipend for the students.
Duration/Timeline of Program:
Duration: Two years
Timeline: Administrative check / Compliance Review and feedback to applicants by 25th May 2020
iii. Review of Proposals completed by 15th June 2020
iv. Communication to Successful applicants by 19th June 2020.
v. RUFORUM Secretariat sends out Grant Award letters by 29th June 2020
vi. Grant advances disbursed by 9th July 2020
How to Apply: Apply for a scholarship via RUFORUM Information Management System (RIMS)
It is important to go through the application procedure and instructions on the Program Webpage (see Link below) before applying.