Applications are invited from international startups with a Minimum Viable Product (MVP) for the SLINGSHOT 2020 – up to S$800,000 in Prizes. The deadline for the submission of applications is 7th September, 2020.
This is your opportunity to showcase your innovative solutions and products to major investors and industry leaders!
With new challenges, comes the New Normal. This year, they are calling for entries for the 5 challenge sectors, as well as the new Creating the New Normal horizontal for solutions that help businesses and society adapt in the post-COVID world.
As part of SFF x SWITCH 2020 (Singapore FinTech Festival x Singapore Week of Innovation and Technology), the Top 100 Global Startups will pitch to a global audience at SLINGSHOT 2020’s Virtual Finals in December and compete for cash and grant prizes worth up to S$800,000!
This year’s competition is centred around these 5 sectors:
- Manufacturing, Logistics & Transportation;
- Urban Solutions & Sustainability & Energy;
- Health-Tech, MedTech & BioTech;
- FoodTech & AgriTech; and
- Digital solutions, Consumer Products & Services
SLINGSHOT Startup Competition Eligibility.
- Open to any international startups with a Minimum Viable Product (MVP);
- They should be able to illustrate initial signs of traction;
- Have proprietary technology or solutions;
- Regardless of your business area, all startups are welcome to apply in any categories stated in the Slingshot 2020 Competition:
- Digital solutions, Consumer products & services
- FoodTech & AgriTech
- HealthTech, BioTech & MedTech
- Manufacturing, Logistics & Transportation
- Urban Solutions, Sustainability & Energy
SLINGSHOT Startup Competition Prizes.
- The Grand Winner of the SLINGSHOT 2020 competition will receive:
- S$200,000 Startup SG Grant
- S$10,000 cash prize sponsored by L’Oréal
- The TOP 2 winners of each of the 5 Challenge Sectors will receive:
- S$50,000 Startup SG Grant each
- The TOP 100 Global Startups will receive:
- An invitation to SLINGSHOT 2020’s Virtual Finals as part of SFF x SWITCH
- EntrePass (working visa for foreign entrepreneurs in Singapore) [International applicants only]
- Access to corporates, investors and mentor networks
- The TOP 500 Global Startups will receive:
- The opportunity to participate in the corporate-innovation platform and connect with innovation-ready corporates to embark on co-innovation projects and win up to S$30,000 Startup SG Grant prizes.
- The winner of “Creating the New Normal” award will receive:
- S$50,000 Startup SG Grant
- S$10,000 Cash Prize sponsored by L’Oréal
How to Apply for SLINGSHOT Startup Competition.
Your startup must submit a 10-slide PDF explaining:
- Market and total addressable market (TAM)
- Value proposition and positioning
- Go-to-market strategy
- Business/revenue model
- Traction: KPI metrics and milestones
- Forecast 2020/2021
- Team presentation