The SDGs Global Leader Program aims to capacitate young or mid-career human resources who are contributing towards addressing challenges faced in various fields through strengthening the collaboration between Africa and Japan, and through the implementation of political strategic decision-making and implementation.
Application Deadline: 9th October 2020
Type: Masters, PhD
Eligibility: Applicants must:
- Be less than 40 (before 1 April 2021)
- Must hold a Bachelor’s degree (B-Tech included) with honours or equivalent to NQF8 and average of 65% in academic transcripts for Master’s Degree
- Must hold Master degree (NQF9) and minimum average of 65% in academic transcripts for Doctor’s Degree
- Have more than six months working experience in the current organization
- Must obtain permission to apply and secure reinstatement from the current organization
- Must have adequate English skills in both written and oral communication
To be Taken at (Country): Japan
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award:
- Prospective applicants should ideally be middle-management government officials or academics who wish to be involved in policy formulation, political and development issues, and who are passionate about making a difference in public policy administration and economics.
- Furthermore, participants of the programme may wish to participate in “Additional Programmes” which allow for participation to networking fairs with Japanese enterprises and internship opportunities. Participants are also encouraged to participate in the Japan Development Studies Programme (JICA-DSP), which provides knowledge on Japan’s modernisation, World War II, and development experiences.
Duration of Award: Two years will be allocated for a Master’s Degree, and three years for a Ph.D. (depending on university offering).
How to Apply:
- 1. General Information-FY2021 (PDF/593KB)
- 2. South Africa Supplemental Information Sheet (PDF/135KB)
- 3. Application Form in 2021 (Excel/143KB)
- 3-1. Annex1_Current and Previous Work experience (Word/19.0KB)
- 3-2. Annex2_Career Plan after Graduation (Word/19.9KB)
- 3-3. Annex3_Research Plan (Word/20.8KB)
- 4-1. University Information for Applicants (2021)_ABE Initiative (Excel/416KB)
- 4-2. University Information for Applicants (2021)_SDGs Africa Master (Excel/355KB)
- 4-3. University Information for Applicants (2021)_SDGs Africa PHD (Excel/356KB)
Email marked PDF files of application documents (Less than 4MB in a mail) and submit the original documents to the following address:
Japan International Cooperation Agency
JICA South Africa Office
Lord Charles Office Block, Building B, 1st Floor 337
Brooklyn Street, Brooklyn, Pretoria 0081
P.O.Box 14068, Hatfield, 0028
Republic of South Africa
* No late application will be accepted.
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.