Sappi Bursary scheme is intended to cater for talented, high flyers and innovative young South African citizens; it is a talent-based approached where applicants who meet the minimum criteria may be invited to a selection interview. Sappi awards a number of bursaries each year based on our annual skills audit and business needs.
Application Deadline: 30th September, 2020
Eligible Countries: South Africa
To be taken at (country): South Africa
Eligible Field of Study: Sappi invites students/undergraduates who are interested in studying through Sappi bursary scheme to apply for bursary programme in the following study fields:
- BSc Electrical Engineering
- BSc Chemical Engineering
- BSc Mechanical Engineering
- BSc Forestry
- National Diploma in Forestry
Offered Since: Bursary/Scholarship
Eligibility: South African citizens studying or intending to study full time at any South African accredited Universities. Sappy Bursary is for school leavers and current university students aged between 18 and 25 years. In specific fields of study, Sappi have agreements with the following educational institutions:
- University of KwaZulu-Natal – (B.Sc. Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical)
- University of Pretoria – (B.Sc. Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical)
- University of Stellenbosch – (B.Sc. Forestry and Wood Sciences)
- University of Witwatersrand – (B.Sc. Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical)
- University of Cape Town – (B.Sc. Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical)
- Durban University of Technology (DUT) – (N4- N6)
- Mangosuthu University of Technology (MUT) – (N4- N6)
- Umfolozi College – (National Certificate Vocational – 2, 3, 4 (Pulp and paper making technology / Process Plant Operations)
- Ekurhuleni College – (National Certificate Vocational – 2, 3, 4 (Pulp and paper making technology / Process Plant Operations)
- Nelspruit College – (National Certificate Vocational – 2, 3, 4 (Pulp and paper making technology / Process Plant Operations)
- Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University (NMMU) – (National Diploma in Forestry)
- University of Port Elizabeth (Forestry – Saasfield) – (National Diploma in Forestry
- South African citizen
- An average of 70-80% in Mathematics (Not Maths Literacy); 70-80% in Physical Science and 65% in English
- Must have qualifying points for entrance at the university or acceptance confirmation
- Current university results would be considered for undergraduates students.
Preference would be given to learners with an average of 75% and above in Mathematics and Physical Science.
Value of Scholarship: Fully-funded
Duration of Scholarship: duration of candidate’s course
How to Apply: You need to submit the following documents:
- Submit or forward your CV
- Motivation letter/Covering letter
- Grade 12 (Mid-year results)
- Academic transcripts if already at the university
Interested persons, who meet the above requirements, are invited to apply online.
Visit your local Sappi HR Department and hand in your application there.