Applications are open for the 2021-2022 Africa Health Research Institute/UCL MSc Scholarship.
Application Deadline: 31st March 2021 by 5pm.
About the Award: This scholarship is a singular award for the UK academic year September 2021 to September 2022. It is funded by UCL’s Global Engagement Office. The scholarship is administered via AHRI and is for applicants whose academic background and interests are aligned with the programmes of research at AHRI.
This opportunity is open to applicants who permanently reside in South Africa. Applicants must have a high-quality academic record to be considered for this opportunity.
Candidates will go through a competitive round of selection at AHRI and the successful candidate will be nominated to go through to the UCL selection. Application for acceptance onto a MSc taught course is separate, and the AHRI nominee will be guided through this process.
Eligible Field(s): The successful candidate’s research project for the MSc is expected to be aligned with the programmes of research at AHRI.
Eligibility: The candidate:
- Must be permanently based in South Africa at the time of application.
- Must hold a valid passport at the time of application.
- Must have an Honours degree equivalent to a Bachelor (Honours) degree with Second Class Division 1 Honours or 70% in an appropriate subject.
- The successful applicant will need to be in London to start their chosen course in September 2021.
Women are particularly encouraged to apply.
Eligible Countries: South Africa
To be Taken at (Country): UK & South Africa
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: The Scholarship will cover:
- Full UCL tuition fees for a one-year full-time taught master’s degree.
- A round-trip economy air fare to and from the UK.
- A monthly stipend to cover housing and living costs for 50 weeks.
- National Health Service (NHS) surcharge and Tier 4 visa costs.
Duration of Award: 1 year
How to Apply: Please complete the online AHRI/UCL Scholarship application form and provide a copy of your *academic transcript and CV. Closing date is 5pm Wednesday, 31 March 2021.
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.