The African Centre for Migration & Society (ACMS) at the University of the Witwatersrand is seeking applications for MA and PhD scholarships offered by DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service) as part of its ‘In-Region Scholarship Programme South Africa’.
Application Deadline: 30th April 2021
About the Award: Full scholarships are available for Four MA and Five PhD students accepted for the Migration and Displacement programme at ACMS in 2022
DAAD will make the final decisions and administer the scholarships. ACMS is in charge of the first phase of the application process, which involves pre-selecting and shortlisting candidates. ACMS will submit the shortlist to DAAD for the second phase of the application process and final decisions.
Type: Masters, PhD
- Must be nationals or permanent residents of a Sub-Saharan African country (excluding South Africa);
- Must have completed their last university degree not more than 6 years ago at the time of application;
- MA applicants must have an Honours degree or equivalent in Humanities (preferably in Social Sciences) with a total aggregate mark of at least 65%;
- PhD applicants must have an MA degree in Humanities with a total aggregate mark of at least 70%;
- Must have been accepted to study for MA/PhD in Migration and Displacement at ACMS (please see application information here).
Eligible Countries: African countries
To be Taken at (Country): South Africa
Number of Awards: 4 MA and 5 PhD
Value of Award: Full scholarships
Duration of Award: Duration of the course
How to Apply: Applications should include:
- A cover letter summarising qualifications, professional experience and reasons for interest in the Migration and Displacement programme;
- A complete CV;
- Copies of transcripts and degree certificates;
- SAQA evaluation (for foreign qualifications);
- A short research proposal (1500 words maximum) outlining the proposed research project;
- A writing sample of not more than 10,000 words (e.g., a chapter; article; term paper).
- Proof of admission or application for admission at Wits/ACMS
Application deadline (pre-selection): 30 April 2021. Late applications will not be considered.
Female applicants and candidates from less privileged regions or groups are especially encouraged to apply.
Email all queries and application materials to: email@example.com
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.