Masters in Climate Change Adaptation and Mitigation Scholarship Announcement under the IGAD-RICCAMA Project
Application Deadline: 9th April 2021
About the Award: The objective of the scholarship award is to equip theoretical and practical skills to successful candidates in:
- Background of climate change and related fields including assessments, reporting and negotiations
- Tools and techniques for climate data analysis including developing climate change and extreme indices
- Climate change vulnerability and impacts assessment
- Climate change adaptation and mitigation assessment and reporting at various scales.
- Greenhouse gas (GHG) baseline determination, measurement, monitoring and inventory.
- Nationally Determined Contributions (NDCs) monitoring, Reporting and Verification (MRV) systems and tools.
- Development of policy interventions to respond to climate change challenges at various levels.
Eligibility: Applicants should;
- hold Bachelors of Science degree in climate change related field, earth science, and engineering from a recognized University
- have good computing skills
- be working in any institution of the IGAD Member States preferably in ministries responsible for climate change and provide evidence that he will work in his/her own country for at least two (2) years upon completion of the study
- be willing to study in a University outside their home country with a modest stipend
- undertake a research project in the area of climate change adaptation and mitigation
- be below 40 years of age at the time of application and must be a citizen of one of the IGAD member states
- submit a motivation letter expressing their interest in the scholarship
- Submit two recommendation letters, one from the employer and the other from academic mentor in support of the application
Eligible Countries: IGAD Member states
Duration of Award: The scholarship will be for a duration of 18 – 24 months from September 2021
How to Apply: Interested candidates should send a motivation letter, two recommendation letters, admission letter (if available) and copies of their academic credentials by 09 April 2021 at 1700hrs to email@example.com with a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.