ETH Zurich is seeking applications for the Engineering for Development (E4D) Doctoral Scholarship Programme, offering grants to individuals and promoting projects which are directly relevant for improving the livelihoods of poor people in developing countries
Application Deadline: 30th April 2021
About the Award: The goal of the Engineering for Development (E4D) Programme is to promote research and education for the benefit of underprivileged people in low-income countries.
The E4D Programme is generously funded through the Sawiris Foundation for Social Development and the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation. The current programme phase runs from 2019 to 2023.
Eligibility: Existing professional contact with a relevant professor is highly recommended
• High English proficiency level is necessary
• Maximum age: 40 years
• Excellent MSc Degree and high academic performance is necessary
• ONLY contact an ETH professor with a concrete project idea
Eligible Countries: Developing Countries
To be Taken at (Country): Switzerland
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value & Duration of Award: The grant sum is 175’000 CHF to cover the salary costs of the doctoral students for three years.
How to Apply: Only candidates with the support of an ETH professor are eligible to apply. Applications submitted without the letter of support will not be considered.
Completed Concept Note Application Form (DOCX, 38 KB) along with the following compulsory annexes:
- CV of the candidate
- Excellent MSc degree from a recognized university and grade transcripts
- Support letter of the supervising professor at ETH Zurich
- 2 reference letters from your field of research
- Relevant own publications or documentation of relevant activities relating to the project
- Names and contacts of 5 independent external reviewers
Please read the Eligibility Criteria and Application Requirements (PDF, 186 KB).
Please submit your application in one single pdf to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.