One of the many cool things about Global Cyber University is the name. “Global.”
This university is an international community of people dedicated to creating a better world.
They groom students to have a global mindset that will be able to create solutions to the problems facing the Earth and humanity.
Want to know more about Global Cyber University, read our full review on this Korean school.
Global Cyber University is an educational institute based on the Hongik ideal.
At Global Cyber University, they believe that education is central to the way people live their lives.
Hence, through Global Cyber University, they hope to show the world the deep meaning of Korean culture.
In addition, the way people study has changed as they adapt their curriculum and study schedules to suit their own needs. It made advanced studies more accessible and easier to do.
Global Cyber University seeks to join this rapidly developing educational phenomenon, by offering the same ease of access as other online universities.
This means you can also take advantage of the benefits that e-education offers students.
Therefore, I encourage you to choose Global Cyber University and all that it has to offer.
This institution will help you find your true purpose and the ultimate meaning of your precious life.
Follow the table of content below for easy navigation of this article.
About Global Cyber University
Global Cyber University (GCU) is a global central university educating 21st century’s global men of ability, globalizing Korean traditional and realizing welfare society.
They practically promote Hallyu culture (or K-Culture) around the world.
Global Cyber University is also known as BTS University abroad. Among the 7 members of BTS, who become global sensations, 6 of them were students from Global Cyber University.
Many Korean stars lead Hallyu culture (or K-Culture) at Global Cyber University.
Global Cyber University is an educational institute based on the Hongik ideal.
This philosophy is at the very heart of the culture. It is not just a philosophy for Koreans; it is a philosophy for everyone.
This philosophy, which forms the basis of Global Cyber University’s educational pedagogy, is known as Hongik in Korea.
Its meaning is simple: live and work for the benefit of all, not just yourself.
It is basically the currency of Korea, a currency that the Korean people have struggled to live with since their earliest history.
With the Internet and the connectivity of today’s world, there are more possibilities than ever to realize this ideal.
Education at Global Cyber University is about helping people incorporate this spirit into their lives.
Here you will find a very different experience.
Why Should I Choose Global Cyber University?
When choosing your educational path, ask yourself the question, “What do I really want in my life?”
Your answer will help you decide what is best for you.
At Global Cyber University, they work to contribute to the world’s cultural information, like any other university.
However, there is something else they’re also trying to achieve. At Global Cyber University fully want to help people harness their talents for the benefit of the whole world, to live what they call the Hongik ideal.
Global Cyber University nurtures creative people to connect with the world and develops talents and dreams through popular art and culture.
Through this, it helps to promote Korean culture and spread Hallyu through them.
At Global Cyber University, they equally believe that education is central to the way people live their lives, far more important than the type of smartphone they choose or the TV shows they watch.
Through Global Cyber University, they hope to show the world the deep meaning of Korean culture.
Internet-based education is transforming education. Thanks to the internet and digital technology, most people can access some form of education, regardless of their financial situation and lifestyle.
A growing number of older adults are seeking additional education to expand their lives and careers.
The way people study has changed as they adapt their curriculum and study schedules to suit their own needs. It made advanced studies more accessible and easier to do.
Global Cyber University seeks to join this rapidly developing educational phenomenon. By offering the same ease of access as other online universities, you also take advantage of the benefits that e-education offers students.
A possible negative effect of Internet-based education is the isolation of students. While traditional universities have student classrooms that interact with each other, cyber students have no physical contact with instructors and students and are left alone with their learning.
However, their goal is to create links between people for the benefit of all humanity.
While their fellow students may be on the other side of the world, Global Cyber University’s approach and support for collaborative learning and problem solving via the Internet encourages their students to get even closer than they would not do in a traditional classroom.
What is Global Cyber University Ranked for?
Global Cyber University is ranked high for its ability to help people reach their full potential.
They have turned these teachings into a dynamic personal development system that helps people around the world to live better lives.
In July 2018, GCU received an award for excellence for the “Emotional Labor Healing 365Campaign” which has been running continuously for the last four years from Korea Occupational Safety and Health Agency.
Is Global Cyber University Accredited?
Yes, Global Cyber University has full accreditation.
The Ministry of Education, Science and Technology together with Higher Education Act accredited Cyber University as a 4-year-course university.
This includes three departments and six majors (Department of Human Services, Department of Global Management, and Department of Cultural Contents were established.)
What is Global Cyber University Acceptance Rate?
The acceptance rate of Global Cyber University is 96.3%. This means you can diligently apply to the university and to have a greater chance of getting admission.
The academic year of 2010, was the third-highest number of freshman intakes amongst all the Cyber Universities in Korea.
What are the Programs Global Cyber University Offer?
Global Cyber University, as a global professional institution for higher education in the 21st century, is dedicated to discovering and nurturing cultural talent.
In realizing this mission, they plan to establish themselves as an alma mater at the center of world cultural exchange.
They achieve this through the following program:
- Counseling Psychology
- Brain Education Convergence
- Sports & Health
- Brain-based Emotion Coaching
- Practical English
- AI Convergence
- Convergence Contents
- Entertainment & Media
- Convergence Management
- Oriental Studies
- Interdisciplinary- Major
- Dementia Care
- Global K-Culture
How Do I Get Admission Into Global Cyber University?
Admissions at Global Cyber University are processed in Korean and all courses are taught in Korean too.
They don’t have any language requirements, hence; you don’t have to provide your scores on a Korean language proficiency test.
However, it’s important to speak and understand Korean at a certain level that will allow you to make the most of your classes, assignments, and exams.
Here are the admission requirements for First Year, Second Year Transfer, and Third Year Transfer Students
Admission Requirements First-Year Students
- High school graduate (or expected graduate)
- An applicant who passed the high school equivalency test
- An applicant recognized as having the educational equivalent to above by law
Admission Requirements Second-Year Students
- Applicants who have graduated (or are expected to graduate) from college and are recognized as having the equivalent educational background under the law.
- Those applicants who have completed at least two semesters of college and have earned 35 or more credits.
- Those applicants who have earned 35 or more credits under the Act of Credit Recognition.
Admission Requirements Third-Year Students
- Those applicants who have graduated (or are expected to graduate) from college and are recognized as having the educational equivalent background under the law.
- Applicants who have completed at least four semesters of college and have earned 70 or more credits
- Those applicants who have earned 70 or more credits under the Act on Credit Recognition.
Eligibility for General and Special Admissions
Students will be accepted under special admissions when the applicant’s special career (life experience) and conditions are in accordance with certain guidelines.
Those applicants who meet the common qualifications above and wish to apply for special admissions must meet the following conditions in order to be accepted.
Eligibility for Transfer Students
- Credits will be accepted once the associate department has submitted and reviewed the transcripts from the previous college.
- Second-year transfer students can receive up to 35 credits and third-year transfer students can receive up to 70 credits.
- Depending on the previous university’s field of study and the transfer department’s field of study, credits are recognized as a cultural choice, primary choice, or general choice courses.
- Course notes are not accepted, only course credits are accepted.
- The remaining credits that are not recognized as primary and cultural elective credits are considered general elective credits.
How to Apply for Global Cyber University Admission
After enrolling in the semester courses, students must pay tuition fees.
Registration is carried out according to a defined period and procedures.
Students can only modify or cancel the courses they have chosen during the course correction period.
Follow through this process if you want to apply for admission into Global Cyber University.
Submit Online Application:
- Go to http://go.global.ac.kr
- Fill out the application form completely and save it.
- Make application fee payment (KRW 30,000)
- Fill out Study Plan and Academic Aptitude Test
- Official entire years of transcripts for high school (Translated and notarized)
- If you graduated in different countries for elementary school, middle school, and high school,
- you need to submit all official transcripts of them (elementary school, middle school, and high school).
- Official High School Diploma (Translated and notarized)
- Official Agreement for Enrollment and Academic Credits (Attached file)
- Academic History Verification Report or the Verification of Apostille
- Please contact education-related public institutions or the applicant’s embassy or consulate for information about the Academic History Verification Report
- A 3×4 inches of applicant’s photo
- Online GCU Application Form (Download)
- Copy of passport
The school conducts this privately.
Interview (Offline or Online):
Further notice will be given
Further notice will be given
Tuition Payment (in KRW):
Entrance Fee: KRW 166,000
Course Fee: KRW 70,000 per credit
Total course fee per semester (18 credits for 6 courses): KRW 1,260,000
Payment Methods: Credit Cards or Wire Transfers
The scholarship will be informed with individual request right before filling out the application
- Entrance Ceremony
- Orientation for each department
Is Global Cyber University Expensive? Tuition and Living Cost
As a new school, Global Cyber University is not expensive.
Their tuition is moderately affordable for any student on a low budget.
Here are the standard tuition fees of Global Cyber University:
- Entrance Fee: KRW 166,000
- Course Fee: KRW 70,000 per credit
- Total course fee per semester (18 credits for 6 courses): KRW 1,260,000
Their Payment Methods is through Credit Cards or Wire Transfers
Thorough practical training that combines field lecturers and a real training environment, Global Cyber University helps build responsible career management students.
If you’re yet to apply to this school, follow through with our Global Cyber University full review.
Official School Website
For more information about this school, click the button below to visit the school through their official school website.