National Library Board Singapore is inviting applications for scholarships from Singaporeans or Singapore permanent residents.
These scholarships offer an opportunity to pursue full-time undergraduate and postgraduate studies in Singapore or abroad.
As an NLB scholar, the student will play a key role in fulfilling NLB’s mission of making knowledge come alive, sparking imagination and creating possibilities.
The National Library Board is a statutory board of the Ministry of Communications and Information, Singapore.
More About The National Library Board Scholarships
Scholarships are available to pursue full-time undergraduate and postgraduate studies.
Scholarships are awarded in fields to advance library development and also to grow domain expertise in various knowledge fields e.g. history and early childhood development.
This is a fully-funded scholarship, with bond durations of four years for local studies and five or six years for overseas studies depending on your country of studies.
Scholarship can be taken in Singapore and Abroad
National Library Board is looking for individuals who are Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents (who must take up citizenship before the award is confirmed), with excellent academic results, possess strong leadership qualities, interpersonal skills and have a passion for learning and service.
NLB Undergraduate Scholarship
Recent graduates with GCE ‘A’ Level (minimum of 11 academic units), an International Baccalaureate (IB), diploma (with merit), or equivalent can apply. We are looking for candidates with strong leadership qualities and interpersonal skills.
You can also choose to do your undergraduate studies locally or at renowned universities overseas. This is a fully-funded scholarship, with bond durations of four years for local studies and five or six years for overseas studies depending on your country of studies.
NLB Postgraduate Scholarship
Graduates can apply for a fully-funded postgraduate scholarship at a university of your choice, subject to NLB’s review. The course of study should be relevant to NLB. This scholarship comes with bond durations of two years for local studies and three years for overseas studies.
Singapore citizens are eligible to apply.
Application Process Of The National Library Board Scholarships.
To apply, please download the application form and email it together with your supporting documents to scholarship-at-nlb.gov.sg. Instructions
- Please complete all sections and indicate “NA” for items that are not applicable.
- Photocopies of NRIC (front and back view) and all educational certificates, transcripts, testimonials and other relevant supporting documents must be submitted together with the application form.
- False particulars or intentional withholding of information will disqualify you, or if already awarded, terminate the scholarship.
- NLB will not enter into correspondence with regard to reasons for the non-selection of the applicant.
- Please attach a separate annex if you require more space to fill in the details under the respective sections.
The application deadline is March 17, annually.