Applications are now available for the Fully-funded ARES Masters and Training Scholarships for Developing Countries In Belgium 2020. Eligible persons are to hurry and make the most of this opportunity while it lasts.
Are you a citizen of a developing country? Do you already have a master’s degree? Do you have professional experience and would like to develop your skills in a field related to development? Apply now!ARES Masters and Training Scholarships In Belgium
Within the framework of the Belgian policy for development cooperation, the Minister for Development Cooperation and the Directorate-General for Development Cooperation entrust the Belgian Higher Education Institutions with the preparation of Postgraduate Programmes (Advanced Masters) and Training Programmes that are specifically oriented towards young professionals from developing countries.
All You Need To Know About ARES Masters and Training Scholarships In Belgium
Level/Field of study:
The scholarships are available for pursuing Masters, and Training program in the fields of:
Accepted Subject Areas (Masters):
- Master of Specialization in Development, Environment, and Societies
- Specialization Master in Human Rights
- Master of Specialization in Aquatic Resource Management and Aquaculture
- Master of Specialization in Risk and Disaster Management
- Specialized Master in Integrated Management of Health Risks in the Global South (IManHR)
- Specialized Master in International Development
- Master of Specialization in Transfusion Medicine
- Specialized Master in Microfinance
- Master of specialization in integrated production and preservation of natural resources in urban and peri-urban areas
- Specialized Master in Public Health Methodology
- Master of Science in Public Health – Methods of Research Applied to Global Health
- Master of Science and Environmental Management in Developing Countries
- Specialized Master in Transport and Logistics
Accepted Subject Areas (Training):
- Internship in control and quality assurance of medicines and health products
- Research Initiation to Strengthen Health Systems
- Internship in Geographic Information System
- Internship in secondary resource development for sustainable construction
- Methodological internship in support of innovation in family farming
The scholarship is hosted by Belgium.
There are other Belgium Scholarships available for International students in 2020.
The scholarship is open to students from Africa and developing countries.
Aside from the ARES Masters and Training Scholarships 2020, there are other scholarships available to international students to study abroad. You can check our scholarship by country to access all scholarships available.
These opportunity values include Travel (internal and external), Monthly living allowance, Indirect mission costs, Installation costs, Tuition fees, Registration fee, Insurance costs, Housing allowance, Allowances for dependents, Return fees, In 1st session completion bonus (June).
There will be about 150 scholarships for participation into the masters and 70 scholarships for participation in the training programmes.
Eligibility For ARES Masters and Training Scholarships:
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
The following will apply for the selection of holders of scholarships:
- Originally from a developing country. To be eligible, applicants must reside and work in their own country at the time of filing;
- Only nationals of the following countries are eligible to apply for scholarships ARES: Benin, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cuba, Ecuador, Ethiopia ( only for courses in English), Haiti, Madagascar, Morocco, Niger, Peru, Philippines, DR Congo, Rwanda, Senegal, Vietnam ;
- Either under the age of 40 for courses and under 45 for training periods at the start of training;
- Either holds a diploma comparable to a diploma of the second cycle of Belgian university education. However, for certain types of training, different requirements may be set out, which will be specified below;
- Demonstrates a professional occupation in a developing country of at least two years after completing his / her second cycle or three years after the end of his / her studies when the candidate holds a post-graduate diploma a university in an industrialized country;
- Good knowledge of written and spoken French. For courses organized in another language, it is necessary to have a good knowledge of the language of the course, written and spoken. The candidate will also be asked to commit to learning French in order to participate in everyday life in Belgium;
- Apply for a single training
As part of the process to select eligible applications, ARES considers the following criteria:
Academic Program: The evaluation of the academic quality of the candidates will be based on the diplomas and the lists of courses taken, with results, teaching activities, research, and publications. For the courses, priority will be given to candidates who have not yet obtained a postgraduate degree, except in exceptional circumstances duly justified in the application file.
Receipt of previous grants: priority will be given to applications that have not yet received a Belgian grant.
Professional experience: ARES gives priority to candidates who, after their university studies, have been able to carry out a professional activity in a field related to the problems posed by development. The social impact of work experience is considered an important element of the evaluation of the candidate’s file.
Part of a partner Institution: Applicants working in an ARES partner institution, either as part of institutional support, a development research project or a training program for the South, are automatically prioritized if all other criteria are met on selection.
The applicant’s commitment to development initiatives: Particular attention will be given to application files from candidates who, in addition to their academic qualities, have proven their commitment to the development field. Commitment is illustrated by having worked with the least fortunate members of society and having engaged with them to find efficient ways to defend and promote their interests.
Nationality criteria: ARES wishes to diversify the geographical origin of its beneficiaries. For all its international courses and training under the Training, Research and Dissemination for Development program, 50% of the total number of apprentices are candidates from sub-Saharan Africa.
Gender equality: ARES is particularly interested in promoting the participation of women in international courses and training in the Training, Research, and Development Awareness program.
The prospects for future reintegration: A maximum number of guarantees is required for the return of the applicant to his country of origin or in another developing country, as well as his reintegration in a field that allows him to benefit from the training acquired in Belgium in the context of development (for example, a work contract or a formal pledge) and generate a multiplier effect that benefits your country of origin.
Download the 2020-2021 form in English (15 pages – 119 KB) (for specialized master’s degrees in English).
It is important to go through the Application requirements and procedures on the Scholarship Webpage (see Link below) before applying.
Important: Applying for an ARES Masters and Training scholarship is absolutely free of charge. ARES does not charge any fee at any stage of the application or selection process. You may raise any question or concern about persons or companies claiming to be acting on behalf of ARES and requesting the payment of a fee by emailing ARES at Maryvonne.aubry[at]ares-ac.be.
Any application containing cash will be automatically rejected.
The deadline of this program is 10 January and 7 February 2020.
Does this article meet your immediate needs? if yes, click the SHARE button to share with your friends. if no, leave a response on the comment box to express your concern or ask a question and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
For more information and application on the ARES Masters and Training Scholarships. Click on the link below: Official Link
Eligibility for winning our scholarship EBook
Get our Scholarship Ebook for free now, indicate interest in the comment section and the Ebook will be sent to you. This offer is for the first 50 people.