Do you know an African woman or girl who has had or has a positive impact on society through their bold and selfless leadership at the local or executive level? Here’s an opportunity to recognize and celebrate them. Submit them to be featured in an upcoming collection.
Application Deadline: 30th June 2021 at 17:00 EAT.
About the Award: Nominations are now open to recognize and celebrate exceptional African female leaders.
Inspired by the African Union Charters, policies, strategies and commitment towards an Africa that is free of discrimination against women and girls; a vision for women empowerment and a continent where gender equality is a reality, the upcoming book will feature senior and young African women whose leadership has been exceptional and outstanding.
Eligibility: Nominees must be female citizens of African Union Member States. There is no age limit, the book will document the achievements of young and seasoned leaders across generations.
Nominees will be women and girl leaders from Africa that have demonstrated dedication, commitment and passion to their cause and made an impact in the following fields;
- Finance, social mobilization, Governance, law, Peace and Security and Human Rights
- Agriculture, Food Security and Nutrition, and Entrepreneurship
- Creative industries (arts, culture, heritage, literature) and Sports
- Health in general and women’s and adolescent health specifically.
- Humanitarian action, philanthropy,
- Gender issues: gender equality and empowerment of women, GBV, SGBV and protection of women and girls
- Social sciences, humanities
- Science, Technology and Innovation, Engineering and Mathematics
- Environment and climate change
- Infrastructure and Energy
Eligible Countries: African countries
Number of Awards: Not specified
How to Apply: Before you submit your nomination please read the nomination criteria carefully.
Nominations must be submitted by filling and emailing a completed form.
- Self-nominations are welcome. Moreover, anyone can nominate an African woman, young or seasoned, who has shown stellar leadership in the above fields.
- Nomination of women and girl leaders who have made a difference at grassroots level is encouraged.
- Nominations of female leaders living in rural areas, refugees and displaced women as well as, women living with disabilities are encouraged.
- Nominations will be adjudicated with consideration for geographic balance to ensure fair representation of all regions of Africa.
- Nominations can be submitted in English, Arabic, Portuguese and French.
- Nominations should be accurate, comprehensive and complete to inform the evaluation of the nomination.
- Nominees should send the most recent photo that will be published in the compendium, Nominees personal information including email and phone number should be indicated in the submission temple.
Nominations maybe declined due to the following:
- Nominations which do not focus on specific contributions, but rather list lifetime achievements;
- Dossiers are not complete and /or all supporting document ( /s) are not included or not attached;
- If their Member State is under AU sanctions in conformity with a decision taken by the AU relevant policy organ;
- If they are employees of any an AU organ or employees of the Regional Economic Communities, UN System.
- If the submission is not clear articulation of the achievement and impact.