The IDB Scholarship for Muslim Communities in Non-Member Countries calls for scholarship applications for the 2021 academic session. The scholarship can be taken in any country in the world.
The objective of the Programme is to improve the socio-economic conditions and to preserve the cultural and religious identities of Muslim Communities in Non-member Countries through developing their human capital resources.
The Programme provides a scholarship to the academically meritorious but financially needy young Muslim students to pursue undergraduate or first-degree study in professional courses.
The concept of the Programme is to build a team of professional and committed Muslims as a tool for the improvement of the socio-economic conditions of their communities. Under this Programme, the scholarships are given an interest-free loan to the students but grants to the communities to which they belong. After graduation and gainful employment, all graduates are obliged to repay their loan amount to the community (IDB Local Trusts) for recycling and awarding additional scholarships to the local needy students.
Level/Field of Study
The scholarship is an Undergraduate scholarship offered in the following fields
- Other fields related to the above disciplines
The Islamic Development Bank Scholarship for Muslim Communities will be taken in any country the scholarship is being offered. Students must get admission or be in the first year in their own countries.
On an exceptional basis and where admissions in professional courses are not possible or not available in any particular country, the IDB assists to place students from these countries in IDB member countries, which have been generous enough to provide places for the IDB students in their universities.
IDB Scholarships for Muslim Communities are open to all countries of the world. There are other US Scholarships available for International students in 2021.
You can utilize these scholarship opportunities to solve most of your academics problems. Check out other scholarships you can apply for in 2021 to study in Europe, Africa, Asia, America, etc.
The Islamic Development Bank Scholarship Programme covers all relevant expenses during students’ study periods, including tuition fees, health, and living costs as determined by the IDB.
Aside from this Islamic Development Bank Scholarship, there are other scholarships available to international students to study abroad. You can check our scholarship by country to access all scholarships available.
Eligibility for IDB Scholarship 2021
To be eligible for this scholarship, the student/applicant must be able to meet the following basic criteria:
- Age not over 24 years.
- Completed senior secondary / pre-university education with good grades in major science subjects and language of instruction.
- Secured admission in one of the disciplines covered under the Programme at a recognized college or university in their own countries (for in-country study).
- Not in receipt of any other scholarship.
- Committed and needy Muslim.
- Recommended by the Counterpart Organization.
Each year, the Programme follows the following selection procedures:
- The Counterpart Organization announces the Programme in the country and invites applications from potential candidates who fulfill the criteria of the Programme.
- The Scholarship Selection Committee (SSC) conducts the interviews of eligible candidates and recommends them through the Counterpart Organization to the IDB.
- The IDB makes the final selection and informs the Counterpart Organizations.
How to Apply for the IDB Scholarship 2021
In countries, where the Programme is being implemented, inquiries can be made an application form obtained from the Counterpart Organization in the country.
In a country, where the Programme has not yet been implemented, inquiries may be directed to the Scholarship Division, Department of Communities in Non-Member Countries, IDB.
Important Notes: To help students prepare themselves for their future leading role in the development of their communities and countries, the IDB also provides them with extra-curricular activities under a special program called Community Development Programme comprising the following three components: Guidance and Counselling Activities, Post Study Activities and Capacity Building Activities.
IDB Scholarship 2021 Application Deadline
- May-July: Deadline for submission to the IDB (for abroad studies)
- June to December: Deadline for submission of applications to the IDB (for in-country studies)
IDB Scholarship 2021 Application Link
Visit the scholarship webpage for more details