Applications are ongoing for Highly Qualified Personnel (HQP) Scholarship Program at the University of Guelph. The scholarships are available strictly for students entering the first semester of a master (thesis-based) or PhD program at the University of Guelph.
About Highly Qualified Personnel scholarship
The OMAFRA – U of G Partnership sponsors the Highly Qualified Personnel (HQP) Program to ensure the development of highly skilled graduates who can meet the changing demands of the agro-food and rural sector. The Partnership is to support skill development and learn to enhance the intellectual capacity of our citizens to solve current and future problems.
Scholarships are available for students entering the first semester of a Master’s (thesis-based) or PhD program at the University of Guelph.
Field of study:
Scholarships OMAFRA’s priorities are within the following seven theme areas: Agricultural Policy and Rural Development; Bioeconomy – Industrial Uses, Emergency Management, Environmental Sustainability, Food for Health, Product Development and Enhancement through Value Chain Collaborations and Production Systems (Plants and Animals).
Master’s students: $21,300 per year (up to $17,300 from HQP Program, plus $4,000 annual top-up from Faculty Advisor) and Doctoral students: $26,000 per year (up to $21,000 from HQP Program, plus $5,000 annual top-up from Faculty Advisor)
To be taken in(Country):
Scholarship Number :
Canadian and international students studying in Canada are eligible to apply
To be eligible for the HQP scholarship Program, the candidate requires:
- Be a Canadian citizen, immigrant, or studying under an international visa.
- Have entered your first semester of a Master’s (thesis-based) or PhD program at the University of Guelph.
- candidate must not have already start a graduate program.
- Not be an OMAFRA employee.
- Applicants are not to concurrently hold other major awards such as NSERC, OGS, SSHRC or CIHR.
- English Language Requirements: If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
19th March 2018
The OMAFRA – U of G Research Program uses a web-based software called Research Management System (RMS) for processing HQP scholarship applications and reporting on projects.
- You must register in the RMS before you can prepare an application. You do not need to register again if you have previously submitted a letter of intent (LOI) or full proposal to an OMAFRA-U of G Partnership program or an OMAFRA program through the RMS.
- Have an RMS account? Access the login page for RMS to start an application
- Need an RMS account? Visit RMS registration page to get a username and password
- Student research must address OMAFRA’s research priorities