The Uganda Martyrs University with African Center for Agro-Ecology and Livelihood Systems (ACALISE) is inviting applications for ACALISE Postgraduate Scholarships for Sub-Saharan African in Uganda, 2018.
The main objective of ACALISE is to channel the production of high level, well-motivated and ethically conscious critical mass of Agro-Ecology and Livelihood Systems experts.
The African Center for Agro-Ecology and Livelihood Systems (ACALISE) is a regional centre of excellence that is funded by the World Bank through the Government of Uganda.
Scholarships are available to pursue MSc and PhD programme.
Field of study:
- Uganda Martyrs University in conjunction with African Center for Agro-Ecology and Livelihood Systems (ACALISE) invites applications from eligible candidates for 10 PhD and 108 MScACALISE National / International Scholarships in the following programmes:
- PhD. in Agro-Ecology and Livelihood Systems
- MSc in Agro-Ecology,
- MSc in Monitoring and Evaluation, MSc in Development Economics
- MA in Bioethics.
- MA in Microfinance and Management
The MSc scholarship is a contribution towards tuition fees as per the university fees structure. All other costs will be met by the student. Regional students will receive Full Tuition fees while National students will receive half tuition fees.
To be taken in(Country):
Scholarship Number :
10 PhD and 108 MSc ACALISE National / International Scholarships.
Students from Sub-Saharan African countries are eligible to apply:
Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo (Brazzaville), Congo (Democratic Republic), Ivory Coast, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must meet the following requirements:
- must be citizens of a country in Sub-Saharan Africa who are prospective students on any of the ACALISE Programmes.
- are to have a conditional or final offer of admission from either Uganda Martyrs University, Makerere University or Wangari Maathai Institute for Peace and Environmental Studies at time of application.
- Regional and Female candidates, as well as candidates from less privileged groups, are to apply.
- Applicants whose first language is not English are to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level.
15th May 2018
A complete application form together with all the application documents should be sent by email to email@example.com and delivered physically through our campuses (Rubaga / Nkozi) or the post office address.
- Fil and sign the Uganda Martyrs University Scholarship form.
- curriculum vitae.
- university degree certificates and transcripts.
- Proof of admission to the ACALISE Programmes.
- Letter of motivation
- Two Referees at least one from Academia
You can begin the application by clicking on Scholarship Link