British Chevening Scholarships 2018
Chevening Scholarships is a UK government scholarship which are awarded to international students who demonstrate leadership potential and who also have strong academic backgrounds. The scholarship offers financial support to study for a master’s degree at any UK university and the opportunity to become part of an influential global network of 46,000 alumni.
The call for new applicants follows the selection of some 1,800 scholars who won an award to study at a UK university this year.
These scholarships represent a significant investment from the UK Government to develop the next cohort of global leaders.
ABOUT THE SPONSORS
Chevening is the UK Government’s international awards scheme aimed at developing global leaders. Funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and partner organisations, Chevening offers two types of award – Chevening Scholarships and Chevening Fellowships – the recipients of which are personally selected by British embassies and high commissions throughout the world
What You Need To Know About Chevening Scholarships
The programme creates a network of influencers and decision makers who have a lasting positive disposition towards the UK and its universities, and partnerships enable closer connections to be developed between the partner organisation, the FCO and this extensive Chevening Alumni network
Level/ Field of Study:
This scholarship is for international students pursuing their Masters studies in UK
The Scholarship is hosted in UNITED KINGDOM UK
The Scholarship is designed for INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS. The Scholarship is designed Specifically for Applicants who have exceptional leadership and show great academic background.
This a fully funded scholarship in which the recipient gets Up to £18,000
- Tuition fees
- living costs
- travel costs
- visa costs
- contribution to health tests i.e. TB testing where required
Chevening Scholarship Eligibility
- Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country
- Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your award has ended
- Have an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry to a postgraduate programme at a UK university. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honours degree in the UK.
- Have at least two years’ work experience Apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by 13 July 2018
- Meet the Chevening English language requirement by 13 July 2018
How to Apply for Chevening Scholarship
you can use the online platform. individuals who to apply for chevening scholarship can do so through the official chevening scholarship login portals listed below: where the can download chevening scholarship application form pdf.
Through the Chevening website – http://www.chevening.org/
Chevening Scholarship 2019-2020 Deadline
Applications for most Chevening Awards closed on 7 November 2017 and will reopen in August 2018 for opportunities to study in the UK in 2019/2020.