AIG-Imoukhuede Foundation Public Leaders Programme for African Public Servants 2022
he Africa Initiative for Governance is now accepting applications from African citizens, working in the public sector within Africa for its 2022 Public Leaders Programme. The deadline for the submission of applications for the AIG-Imoukhuede Institute Public Leaders Programme is April 7, 2022.
In collaboration with the University of Oxford’s Blavatnik School of Government, this unique programme offers senior public servants an immersive executive education experience aimed at strengthening the skills they need to build cultures of excellence, effectiveness and integrity throughout the institutions they lead.
Programme graduates are able to enhance their countries’ development through improved governance and public policy creation.
The AIG Public Leaders Programme is a unique programme that offers senior public servants in Africa an immersive executive education experience aimed at strengthening the skills they need to build cultures of excellence, effectiveness, and integrity throughout the institutions they lead.
Programme graduates can enhance their countries development through improved governance and public policy creation.
Scholarships will be awarded by the Aig-Imoukhuede Foundation to 100 African public servants for the 2022 cycle of the programme
AIG-Imoukhuede Institute Public Leaders Programme Details
- Public sector executives ascending the ranks of government departments, agencies, ministries or multilateral organisations must maintain exemplary performance in their current role while developing the new skills and perspectives they will need to take on a top leadership role.
- The AIG Public Leaders Programme is designed to ensure these senior public leaders, and those who are moving into the senior leadership of the public-sector over the next three to seven years, master a range of new skills as quickly as possible.
- The programme aims to broaden their skills as public leaders and provide them with the conceptual frameworks and practical tools they need to meet the challenges of a complex and rapidly changing world.
- The Public Leaders Programme offers insights from the world’s leading scholars and practitioners, and peer learning from participants’ counterparts. The learning experience is intense and demanding, engaging participants through a mixture of classroom discussion, simulations, practical exercises and group work.
AIG Public Leaders Programme Eligibility
- Be citizens of any African country and actively working within the public sector in Africa
- Have a minimum of seven years of active service in the public sector
- Be at Directorate level or equivalent
- Provide evidence of game-changing leadership qualities and abilities
- Provide a letter of endorsement from the ministry, department, or agency for which they work
- Provide a record of promotion within the ministry, department, or agency for which they work, recording promotions over the most recent five (5) years.
AIG Public Leaders Programme Admission Criteria
- Only the best public sector executives from across Africa will be selected to participate in this programme.
- Candidates will be chosen based on their public sector experience and achievements, proven leadership qualities, intellectual abilities and personal motivations and ambitions.
How to Apply for AIG Public Leaders Programme
Interested and qualified candidates should: