If you’re looking for a safe and affordable country with low tuition fees, take Albania into consideration. Albania offers high-quality education. The degrees obtained from Albanian university are recognised around the world. This article gives detailed information on the higher education system, living costs, tuition fees, admission requirements and low tuition universities in Albania
Albania is situated on the eastern shore of the Adriatic Sea, with Montenegro and Serbia to the north, Macedonia to the east, and Greece to the south. It is a home to over 2.83 million people.
Tirana is the capital of Albania. The national currency of Albania is Lek (ALL). The official language is Albanian
The climate is mild to temperate with cool, cloudy, wet winters and hot, clear, dry summers. The interior is cooler and wetter.
Higher Education System in Albania
- Bachelor’s degree: The first stage of higher education usually takes 6 to 12 semesters (3 to 6 years) (6 semesters for most disciplines, 12 semesters in Medicine)
- Master’sdegree: Postgraduate studies lasting 2 – 4 semesters after completion of the first stage of higher education lead to the Master’s degree
- Phd: Studies lasting for 6 to 10 semesters after the Master consist in individual study and research (while working). The title of Doctorate is conferred. Admission prerequisites include research and scientific activities and publications. The candidate, under the supervision of a scientific researcher, must prepare and defend a dissertation thesis
- Application form to be duly filled and signed.
- Application fee payment proof.
- Certificates of all secondary and high school
- Certificates of universities
- Certified copy of passport or another document for identification
- English language Exam results such as TOEFL/IELTS test.
- Two letters of recommendations
- CV in English
- Four passport size photos
The academic year in Albania usually lasts for 10 months and runs from September to June each year. The academic year in Albania is split into two semesters:.
The academic year in Albania usually lasts for 10 months and runs from September to June each year. The academic year in Albania is split into two semesters:
- Summer semester which commences in September or October and runs to January
- Winter semester which starts in January/February and lasts to June or July. To ensure you don’t miss, check every year’s application deadlines for summer and winter applications
The tuition fees vary depending on the course of study, level of study and higher education institution. On average, the tuition fee for a Bachelor’s degree can range from $180 to about $4,450 per year and a masters degree can cost about $6,674 per year
Depending on whether you are living alone or with a family, the costs of renting a flat in Albania vary.
For one-bedroom apartment in the city, you can expect to pay about –euro-130- 300 €;
and outside city centre you can expect to pay 90 € to 170 €.
For three-bedroom apartment in the city centre, the average rent per month range from 200- 500 €.
A studio apartment for one or two people can be around 150-250 $ monthly, while a family will need to pay higher price for a bigger flat.
The location of the flat also plays an important role, as those away from city centers are always cheaper.
Cost is low for items such as hotel daily room rates, meals and beverages in a restaurant, and take away food and beverages. A basket costing USD$1,000 costs USD$420. Average cappuccino price (regular, medium) is USD$1.59, coke/pepsi (330ml) USD$1.45, burger meal (international franchise or similar) USD$5.79, and a mid-range international restaurant meal for 2 USD$31.87.
Even though you can save some money on food, you will have to be careful when transportation is in question.
Buying a car can be very expensive, and gas prices are 6.10$ per gallon.
Still, you can use public transportation which is inexpensive, especially a monthly ticket which can be found at the price of 11$.
Low Tuition Universities in Albania
- Fan Noli University
- Nehemiah Gateway University
- Eqrem Çabej University
- Tirana Business University
- Polis University
- Logos University College
- Metropolitan University of Tirana
- Our Lady of Good Counsel University
- Bedër University College
- Epoka University